• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling ripped off.....and tired of it!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what the true markup normally is on parts? Always wonder....or are the manufacturers putting most of in their pocket?

Just a question. I have no idea...

If it's the dealer...couldnt a guy make a hell of a businesses making say half as much as dealers do and correcting the market on parts?

Long shot but have always thought of it.

I mean as farmers were talking about building new producer own terminals, fertilizer plants etc in a marketplace that big already..why not a producer owned Costco style parts store. Get it set up for online shopping an shipping etc.

Probably would never work but a thought anyway.

Comment

So do you not want to achieve as high a price as possible for your canola or grain when you sell? Do you believe in the "free market" or not?

Comment

.....my "free market" isn't "captive"!

Comment

Farmholic- in the future you might want to try Erik's. They bought out Goodall.

They shocked me with their pricing this winter and were half the price of Greenline for heat transfer hose. (Greenline is usually one of the cheaper places).
          They seem to be able to source all types of rubber parts, valves, plumbing parts, etc.

Comment

O-88, Erik's is where I saw the pre-cut lenghts that they "couldn't sell to the public"!

Comment

Try $4800 for a 13hp gas engine for a Case IH scout side by side ......
              Getting one from Stoon for $1400

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...