• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

848 ballots SPG counts. 15,000 registered pulse producers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

848 ballots SPG counts. 15,000 registered pulse producers

Just wondering how many of you who take the time to be on AGRIVILLE, took the time to vote in the Sask Pulse Growers director elections?

While 15,000 levy payers may not be all producers, we must have more that 848 active and interested in their industry producers. Given that SPG invests millions of producer funds in research, plant breeding, agronomics, and market development, and via Pulse Canada national and international events and affairs why are we not more interested? Why are the participation numbers voting for producer directors always so low, do we only have about 1000 active producers in Saskatchewan because thats about all we seem to be able to turn out.

Just wondering why producers don't bother to direct this investment and vote.

My Question is: did you vote? If no, why not.

Yes I did.

Comment

http://saskpulse.com/about/board-elections/

Comment

I did.

I can't forfeit my right to bitch ...lol.

Comment

Exactly! LOL

Comment

Honestly, nope. First time in a long time that I haven't. Actually handled the envelopes(Sask Pulse and Flax) yesterday and never bothered voting. I never researched the candidates so I thought why bother.

Honestly have lost interest.

Besides, I got two ballots.... one for the Corp and one Private. Different shit same pile. So maybe the actual eligible voter's isn't as large as you think. Like the old days with permit books....guys even had one for the farm dog. Might be worth cleaning up that list.

I guess if I felt the SPG were doing such a horrible job I would have taken the time to get informed and cast a ballot...

Is the lack of voter turn out a result of apathy or a nod of approval?

Comment

Yes I did Twice.

Comment

I'll still bitch....I paid the levy!

Comment

You raise a very good point about the registered voters list, as indeed the number of registered producers may be high if what you are saying is common.

I was on the board and we made efforts to get producers more engaged, because I think it is really important to the future of the industry for producers at large to think about and give advice on how associations drive the future, feed ideas, and yes give us criticism too!

For sure, getting to know the candidates is not easy, is there a better way to manage this? Or is the up to us on us to take the initiative to give candidates a call? What about the election timing? Would a different month change the number who engage.

Just wondering what it would take for producers to weigh in on this investment?
                  Last edited by westernvicki; Dec 1, 2016, 19:58.

Comment

I voted Hillary style! 4 times so I can bitch.

Where's the refundable levy or the industry standardized contracts? Oh wait we trip missions and a glossy magazine instead.

Iceman out

Comment

As a director you are an ambassador for your industry you will travel, either to represent pulse growers attend conventions regarding pulses, or to investigate issues. We are an international industry.

Refundable or mandatory, how we invest the levy dollars, is important. Who is on the board to direct the investments is important. Producers votes are important.

How many ballots?

Comment

Why vote? The Russians probably hacked it anyway. It's rigged it's all fixed.
                        Oh oh I won? It s still rigged even though I won.
                        Folks we are going to make the pulse industry great again. Believe me I am great at pulses. I love pulses. I have a pulse of course I love pulses. I m going to make the pulse industry great again because I am great.

Is there a recount?

Comment

Make PULSE Great Again!

Drain the swamp. Literally this year.

Busy this fall, will try to remember to next year.

Comment

We'll all vote for you when you run for President Riders.. in the meantime, next time: vote.
                            Only the Russians are real.

Comment

Taken from the Sask Pulse website.....

"There were 2,309 votes cast by 848 voters in this year’s election. Nearly all votes were received through the online voting platform SPG has offered in recent years. The final votes results were:

Christopher Bauer – 245
                              Brad Blackwell – 354
                              Jacqueline Carleton – 377
                              Ed Davis – 189
                              Lee Moats – 418
                              Tim Nerbas – 224
                              Trevor Scherman – 308
                              Scott Sefton – 194"

Am I missing something?

2309 votes cast by 848 voters.....2.72 votes per Voter????? Help me understand why....
                              Almost reminds you of the CWB elections..... how many permit books did one "operation" have?
                              Does this have any credibility anymore?
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 1, 2016, 22:05.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...