• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	765277

We have a private banking Visa from RBC that has 1.5% and connects my farm visa plus wife personal and mine for points. Thats how travel can be a lot cheaper than most think.

If you want to be wined and dined then all in resort is great. Hawaii doesn't have all inclusive. Some of the Caribbean don't either so a condo works way better.

Maybe we will start calling this friday travel tips. Its amazing how what you can find out from others if you just listen and let them talk.

So bring on travel ideas that others have used.

Comment

peso is 15 peso to 1 cnd.we jut exchange our money once at a bank in playa del carmen.take passport give the Canadian an buy pesos.US is 20 pesos to a dollar.Resorts rip off to exchange.Do not use credit card down there as exchange on that maybe fine.Take lots of tip money and get treated like a king.That is my travel tips.Been to Hawaii 3 times loved it.Mexico this is 6th time all inclusive makes way less decisions to make in day and my mind gets a rest.Cheers..

Comment

Name:	IMG_6979.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	765278

Last Christmas we did three weeks in Cabo.

Love it!

Did make one tiny mistake went on Banking day to CIBC bank in Town and decided to change 1000 Canadian for the week. You need your passport and other ID. Well all was good till the girl and manager decided that we needed smaller bills in exchange.

We looked like Escobar when we left with elastic on bills and bundles.

Worked out fine way better than exchanging at the Condo complex. Yes I said CIBC in main mall in Cabo down town.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Good tips. Since I cant travel, I have a card that pays back 1% cash. Cash is king.
          Most pay 2 % which you can get as cash anytime . Our credit union mastercard costs about $150 / yr and we use it for all farm inputs ,includinf fert , although they are starting to squawk a little . Nothing to get $8-10 k a yr and we're not a bto. Get world elite , no limit. Lots stop you at $200 k . Have a BMO card for personal its the same deal . We also price inputs a lot to make sure its not costing to use card

Comment

Oh , and that cash back is always used for "fun" things ,usually with famil , etc ! ,never back into farm those are my rewards

Comment

Thanx, I'll look into that. Used to be most businesses wouldnt take card for bigger purchases as it cost them a percentage.

Comment

About 7-8 years ago my banker told me I was spending enough that if I did things right I could go on a free trip every year. I laugh every time I hear someone talk about the rich people taking holidays. not only points rewards but last minute travel plans could make a trip so cheep. I have neighbours that go on sled trips for 1-2 weeks at a time that would cost way more with the fuel, motels, booze and meals. Also the guys that make 1-2 trips to the coffee shop every day costs money. But I never hear about them.
                Last edited by may-be; Dec 3, 2016, 22:59.

Comment

I want my margarita on the rocks- the rocks in Maui, tsk.

Comment

Name:	DSCN0709.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	765279

Some times you even find funny looking tractors on different spots around the world. Cant take the farmer always out of the traveller.

This was in the Dominican.

Maybe good point Some spend 682. dollars a year just having morning coffee at Tims.

Smart travel vs Go to travel agent and booking a total trip. We started the traveling bug that way and quickly switched to the way we do it now. Each works.

Family member is actually doing Thailand for a month. Kind of easy when you have a family member living their or working their.

Had a aunt in Hongkong years ago should of went to see her she always said come. Now she's gone and so is the local tour guide.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Most pay 2 % which you can get as cash anytime . Our credit union mastercard costs about $150 / yr and we use it for all farm inputs ,includinf fert , although they are starting to squawk a little . Nothing to get $8-10 k a yr and we're not a bto. Get world elite , no limit. Lots stop you at $200 k . Have a BMO card for personal its the same deal . We also price inputs a lot to make sure its not costing to use card
                      Scotia GM Visa, 5% on first $10k, 3% after that, only use for NEW GM vehicles. But who doesn't drive?
                      Canadian Tire card 4% in their store, Mark's, Sportek and Partsource. Redeem on next purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        Scotia GM Visa, 5% on first $10k, 3% after that, only use for NEW GM vehicles. But who doesn't drive?
                        Canadian Tire card 4% in their store, Mark's, Sportek and Partsource. Redeem on next purchase.
                        I would second the credit union world elite MasterCard. I like cash back cards verses air miles, gm points, Canadian tire point, pc plus points etc etc etc.

Why do I like them? It's simple, I can use the cash back when, where and what I want. If for a holiday I can take last minute seat sell or whatever, and then get 2% cash back when booking that also

As one previous post shows, 150 annual fee, 2% cash back applied to the stmt when you want.

Nobody has mention yet so I will be the first. Be careful, as the perks are technically income to those that receive it

Comment

We use Mc through the credit union.
                          Have choice rewards that costs 25 dollars a yr.
                          Get 1 point for every dollar spent.
                          Redeem points for petro can fuel cards.
                          Use to pay most farm bills..
                          Close to $2000 in fuel last yr.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...