• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C Northern H Red

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C Northern H Red

How is it working out for those that grew this class and are trying to market through the elevator system?
    Grading problems? What is the bottom line looking like?

Are the elevators able to segregate another class of wheat?

Who asked for this?

I think the elevators are having enough issues with 1 2 3 and feed grading and binning them not to add another class that could easily be sold as cwrs. ...

Not sure of the agenda of all this.

Comment

We grew AC Penhold which is a CPS wheat. However, we've shopped the samples to several grain cos and all (except Richardson's) are buying Penhold as DNS because their buyers on the other end find milling specs (ie. px dough strength)like DNS not CPS. The irony is, Curt Vossen, Pres of Pioneer, used to speak all over on how the system was broken and grain needed to bought on specs only, blah blah. So full of shit.

US buyers see our sample as #1 DNS but, the price for their DNS is $0.70/bushel higher.

On Canadian DNS though, there is little to no movement or interest locally at this time. But, there's so much wheat in the world there's no need for interest in it.

Comment

New closed loop system near me has just 3 main bins. 1 is for canola. 8 tiny bins for blending.
        Buying 2 types of wheat.

Comment

I would bet that any DNS that is delivered is getting blended of as 'Wheats of Other Class' into CWRS and sold as a profit in that class. At 2.3, 4.5 and 7.5 wouldn't take long to blend off.

Comment

If i was curt vossen, id want to buy your wheat for a dollar cheaper too

Comment

Not sure about the blending but I would bet they are. Can't tell the difference. Definitely yields better but those ****in criminals(JRI) find ways to down grade it, steal it, find a reason to screw u over. Whether its fuz, vomi, ergot, to tough if its over 13.7 mt. Other than that just great. Won't be growing the Prosper variety again.

Comment

K thanks, guess we'll keep growing feed wheat. Rarely get downgraded...

Comment

Ole Curt (Vossen) will have to screw someone else, like himself. Lots of other buyers out there.

Comment

No doubt, Pioneer will buy anything if they can get their hands on it cheap enough, cant blame them I guess. Around here they pick the low hanging fruit. Anyone with email or a phone can get more money picked up in the yard than what RP will pay delivered.

Comment

I am disappointed with growing DNS this year. We grew Elgin and while it yielded a little better than Brandon, not enough to make it worthwhile growing. When you look at the charts this year the Minn wheat is doing so much better than the Chicago and KC wheat markets. While DNS and HRS are in a lot of ways similar the specs that the HRS produced this year is more valuable than the DNS specs. This may change next year but I don't expect to grow DNS next year. Heck, I wish I could not grow wheat at all, looking at the wheat stocks out there, its not going to be pretty next year IMO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...