• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some science on ruminant grazing and GHG emissions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some science on ruminant grazing and GHG emissions

A recent scientific paper by Richard Teague of Texas A&M and others highlighting the role grazing ruminants and different cropping systems offer to reduce GHG emissions in North America.

[URL="http://www.jswconline.org/content/71/2/156.full.pdf"]http://http://www.jswconline.org/content/71/2/156.full.pdf[/URL]

It's going to cool off pretty much down to the gulf of Mexico. Orange juice futures anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      It's going to cool off pretty much down to the gulf of Mexico. Orange juice futures anyone?
      Sounds like a plan!

Comment

We might need more cow farts to keep the pineapples from freezing, LOL

Comment

Cows don't fart nearly as much as they belch. On those grounds alone; we need to tax bad manners and such behavior. They only need further training and incentives to act appropriately.

Comment

Strange where all the posters that were desperate for proof that ruminant grazing could reduce GHG emissions went when presented with said evidence. A few attempts at jokes to distract and the rest as quiet as church mice.

Comment

Good research for combating the cow hater crowd.

Comment

Quote, "Care needs to be taken in interpreting the results of short term studies such as this.", unquote, Richard Teague - Texas A&M.

Comment

That the best you can come up with checking? lol

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Strange where all the posters that were desperate for proof that ruminant grazing could reduce GHG emissions went when presented with said evidence. A few attempts at jokes to distract and the rest as quiet as church mice.
                    One short term study and you call it proof? I hope they're right, but as an analyst once said, " Tell me what you want the study to show, and i can make it show it " And i bet that 97% of global warming scientists disagree with it right now. Has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

I am not a scientist. Raising beef holistically just makes common sense. It is great you have a positive paper for your industry.
                      Not too many erosion areas in Western Canadas 'monocropping' region. Remember, not all grain production evil and unnecessary. I support your industry against the green Nazis, even though you will never feed the world exclusively through free range beef.
                      Now, perhaps the next 100 years will have beef grazing all unsuitable grain land. Greenhouses producing all greens. But the world will still survive on rice, corn, beans, and wheat.
                      I did not relish when a large feedlot shut down. Be careful in rejoicing when we lose crop protection methods, and the necessary nitrogen comes under fire. Lets agree to disagree on the reason for the "discussion" in the first place.

Comment

Gassyfarmer.

Teague can't be too overly confident in his conclusions to make that statement. Actually good on him not to show a bias.

Now, I can see that your next wholesale move will be to the southern USA, so you can have results from a study that matches that ecosystem, to your own.

Until then you had better import lots of mesquite and cacti for your pastures in MB.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...