• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAD and HRSW

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    Some container shipments would fetch higher or much higher prices. The ones who stuff the containers keep that.
    I don't think large bulk shipments have been fetching premiums for quite some time, maybe 2 years
    Wonder where prices on products like lentils would be if we were still shipping everything processed and bagged instead of letting line companies ship in bulk.

Comment

I'm with stoney. too many on here snivel about what someone else is getting, or someone else is making off them.
      set your price that you need and go get it. if you have a poor balance sheet that can't do that, it's your own fault. I don't begrudge anyone for running a tight ship and can wait for their price.
      if you feel someone is ripping you off, don't do business with them. vote with your feet.

Comment

I really don't care what others make off me but for **** sakes be honest and transparent about it.

Reporting a plus 30 basis when it's more like minus 80 isn't helpful to any producer.

Comment

I'm out to extract as high a value for my product as they are out to get it as cheap as possible.... If you want to leave money on the table go ahead. But knowing what the stuff sells for at port is a very important piece of INFORMATION. As is total costs of getting it there so I can determine what is a fair price for me.

I don't want to be a mushroom and get fed bullshit!

Comment

To put the shoe on the other foot, any price a grower gets above the cost of production is profit.
            That dirty word again.

Comment

OMG!!!! and something even more frighteningly sinister is when growers want to maximize profit! Aren't we simply supposed to be good sheople and accept whats offered to us and follow quietly to the slaughter? Imagine the impudence and insolence of those peasants displaying their inaccurately perceived entitlement....

For ****'s sake....it's not like we're asking for something for nothing.....did you spend any money, take any risk, make an effort growing that crop? This isn't welfare or a public service!
              Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 28, 2016, 23:41.

Comment

Have targets set at 6.50 for #2HRSW 13.5% no action yet. Looks like Jan is cyclically a down month should I drop my pants?

Comment

G3 had a 6.60 special on last week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...