• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrong place for this thread i know

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if its 3 beers for every hour of smoking or 2 glasses of classic Australian shiraz this advice could have dire health consequences wd!!!

Comment

Here is one Mallee. Pork loin roast.
      3kg pork loin roast
      4 cloves garlic sliced in half
      water
      MARINADE
      3tbsp salt
      250 ml brown sugar
      1 can frozen apple juice
      15ml garlic powder
      15ml soy sauce
      125ml white vinegar
      125ml honey
      250 ml teriyaki OR jerk OR marinade of choice

Mix marinade in a large non metallic bowl
      Take roast and make random insertions with a knife and stuff garlic slices in the holes
      Put roast in bowl with marinade and add enough water to cover the roast
      Seal with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 12 to 24 hours
      Before smoking remove to room temperature and allow to dry for about an hour

SMOKE
      Preheat smoker to 110C
      USE about 9 apple biskets
      Cook for about 24 beers or 8 to 9 hours until internal temp about 70C
      Let stand 10-15 minutes and have at it. If you are done early wrap in foil then in a towel will hold for up to an hour
      Here is another real easy one for pork tenderloin
      2.5 to 3 kg tenderloin
      Marinade
      4 cloves minced garlic
      2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
      1/2 cup maple syrup
      1tsp salt
      1/2 tsp pepper
      1 tbsp vegetable oil
      Combine ingredients and meat in a large freezer bag and put in fridge overnight
      Smoke with maple bisquettes at 110C for 5-6 hours. Done at 70C internal temp.

Totally off the topic of smoking meat here is a fast fool proof method for perfect pork tender loin in oven.
      Take the weight of your tenderloin and pre heat your household oven at the max temp around 250C.
      cook for13 minutes per kilogram then shut off oven and do not even open door for exactly one hour. Remove and serve guaranteed perfect every time.

ENJOY

Comment

Alliswd45 bought a 4 rack.
        First cook pork shoulder 3.4 kg 6 hours smoke 9 hours cooked at 99c success hickory.

Last night barramundi smoked 1 hour at 105c alder success maybe needed at tad longer.

Sunday will do a beef roast of some sort.

All good set and forget functioning perfectly.

Comment

Glad to hear that Mallee. Since we last talked I made a home made upgrade to my 6 rack Bradley. I added a second heat tube. I got tired of the slow warmup and heat recovery when I opened the door and this makes it a totally better smoker. I did the Montreal meat brisket after upgrade and it worked great
          As our prime minister JT would say happy smoking

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...