• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a Awesome Canadian Sun Rise. It gives us hope.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Awesome Canadian Sun Rise. It gives us hope.

The 30th general election of Alberta, Canada, will elect members to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta. It will take place on or before May 31, 2019.

Countdown Until the Next Canadian Federal Election
    524 days
    7 hours
    15 minutes
    21 seconds

We live in a Democracy in Canada. We don't go out and take out the ones we don't like. Its done through a general election where its the first past the post.

So just as the sun came up today, and what a awesome morning it is in Saskatchewan. The tide will change in Alberta and Ontario and Ottawa. It always has it always will.

Some times its a popularity contest, Some times we want to flush the old away and prove a point.

But reality is Elections handle issues with poor leaders, poor planning and poor judgement.

Enjoy your sunday. Its great out side.

Things will change in Saskatchewan as well.... wall hasn't groomed a successor. ...and I don't see an apprentice in the saskparty.

As much as everyone ******* about the ndp....what's the difference about having nothing under the ndp or booming under the saskparty and still having nothing...

I quit getting drunk because I hated the wasted time with the hangover.... Saskatchewan is at the start of a hangover ....when it's over the people will realize Wall paid for the party with their children's money ...stole it right out of our pockets ....snake oil salesman.

Comment

One of the problems with our electoral system is when there are no decent candidates in the opposition parties and you want to change your MLA/MP....the results can be poor.... which means you end up with someone elected based on votes against the encumbant versus votes for their opposition.

What do you do when you want to change the sitting MLA/MP of the party you would normally support based their and your ideology but they lost "touch".

Would an absolute independent representative free vote system(no party affiliation system) be better....but probably totally dysfunctional?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 26, 2017, 08:40.

Comment

Bucket you do remember the NDP I grew up with them running the province into the ground where you graduated and left for alberta or ontario or BC because Allan Roy and the boys had no hope for you. OR if you were a big supporter of the NDP they got you Sask tel, sask power, sask liquor or Sask highways if you were a little slower. If you weren't a supporter you left because their was no hope.

I remember that.

Not very fun place to live.

Comment

WALL just ran the province into the ground....covering it with higher taxes....more people and still can't get it right....

With an extra 100000 people here and now higher taxes it's obvious the guy has little idea how to run a province.....but the kool-aid is easing the hangover obviously.

Comment

The only hope is to get rid of the party system..where the MLA'S have to vote the party way of thinking.
            Each person on there own ideas like the local town/rm's..
            Vote for the best person..
            Example . Humboldt got a new group of council members who do not want to borrow a pile of money?
            It can happen provincial to.

Comment

Sunny ways in Saskatchewan too....a page from Justin ......

When talking to my mla I said to sell the stadium to the riders....let them hold the debt....his answer ....the province doesn't own it....225 million down the toilet...

Comment

SF3. You are so full of shit.

A lot of success or failure of Governments has to do with economic conditions that are beyond their control. Did Devine or Blakeney or Wall control the prices of oil, minerals or potash? Did Devine set the interest rates that killed 1000s of farms in the 1980s?

Brad just happened to govern during a period of high commodity prices and economic growth largely based on massive economic growth in Asia and other parts of the world. It wasn't sustainable and the party is over.

Provincial Governments have limited ability to control economic conditions and never monetary policy.

I doubt that you could ever have an adult conversation since you are hyper partisan and seem incapable of understanding complex issues without seeing them from your hyper partisan viewpoint.
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 26, 2017, 09:24.

Comment

Well brad ****ed himself and his party with this stupid crop and hail ins. pst . What a stupid ****ing move . They are done so get ready for a decade of lost years .we could of lived with the rest of the budget. This insurance thing is huge and hes just using sask farmers to get out of some of their share of the 40% . Lowlifes , all of them . Lots of them were or are farmers . WTF is wrong with them ?

Comment

Sask3 are you saying the no n ds are what got oil drilling happening in alta. They left sask because Alta was where the work was. You should be grateful the nods didn't give your resources away for nothing like Alta did. You still have yours to sell and I would hope you do a better job than out pcs did.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      The only hope is to get rid of the party system..where the MLA'S have to vote the party way of thinking.
                      Each person on there own ideas like the local town/rm's..
                      Vote for the best person..
                      Example . Humboldt got a new group of council members who do not want to borrow a pile of money?
                      It can happen provincial to.
                      Well trump just let his people vote freely on the health bill , and lost and they call him the dictator . People are hard to fugure out . No mlas or mps are ever allowed tovote freely here , ever

Comment

Obviously the extra 100000 people we have are not pulling their weight? ?????

Comment

What most saskparty idealogues don't understand it you can build as many potash plant in Saskatchewan as you want and give them royalty holidays to do so but it's a finite amount you need every year....the royalties can't grow indefinitely....so you have to budget that....

Then throw in the wild card of the other producers in the world that operate differently.

Sure you get a quick transient work force to build the mines but in reality your royalty revenue won't go up.

Basing potash at 170 a tonne for a royalty has me wondering as well because potash hasn't been that cheap for 25 years.

Comment

Yes I agee with some brad did **** up with the implementation of tax on inputs. Crop insurance hail insurance gars is input you take to protect your farm because most need to. Paying 6% extra is going to hurt him bad.

But let's look at what a NDP would of done fixed roads five miles either side of border and cities so city dwellers thought all was ok. Useless admin jobs shuffling paper in health and every department. With party filled people who pay union dues to unions who run the NDP. Great system.

Brad ****ed up and this budget will hurt him and his government. Most I. Budget I could of lived with but taxing my farm inputs is piss off.

Sneaky way float the tax on diesel and then slip in input tax.

But I for one don't see the NDP as the answer. They never are look at nut case in Alberta. Or Manitoba before at 30 billion debt same pop.

I just look he has some sort of a plan for low prices it's better than JT and Not and wins plan.

Let's borrow to do all the things we ever dreamed about.

Allan and Roy and tommy took sask to the ground. We were the place you were born and left.

Now my kids want to stay here because it's the only place trying to tackle the monster.

Vote NDP if you want just remember what we were and then look at Alberta and see what happens when you think change is good.

Comment

I think we are heading to a minority government.

Might be the only way to find balance....

I think 12 years of the saskparty is too long and most of the mlas are flunkies that won't allow renewal. ..they are doomed...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...