• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real issues?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real issues?

So now our government cannot pay for what they have so all of us have to pay for it. And we re still going in the hole with no plan to get out of it

Is the fact that the boom obviously did not add as much to everyone as was being stated. They took the money and ran and have left us all with this tax grab to pay for those that got all the money and left.

Why haven't royalties been increased to pay for this? They got the money. We all paid more for fuel, wages, repairs, parts etc etc. Because of those boom. Now that it's bust are we paying any less for these things? Why aren't the costs of everything following the price of the boom?

the big wheel:

People and businesses seldom like giving up any gains.

Example... smoke and mirror MSRP pricing of vehicles, machinery or what have you.... "discount" and "program" the price down until someone bites. But be damned if you will see MSRP drop.

Seems some bubbles burst others don't..... "still waiting" for the land and housing bubble to pop. I've been preaching about it for what, 3-5 years? And have been wrong wrong wrong!

Comment

Farma, the worse mistake I made is not believing in the strength of the US. As for the bubbles bursting , the politicians just print more money, it's all good.

Comment

All parties come to an end,. The US dollar is losing ground as the reserve currency quickly. We haven't seen anything yet. Do not confuse paper wealth created by the bubble with intrinsic wealth. The intrinsic value of paper is 0. The intrinsic value of land or gold always remains the same. One guarantee is that the purchasing power of paper will not.
        Last edited by biglentil; Mar 26, 2017, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          All parties come to an end,. The US dollar is losing ground as the reserve currency quickly. We haven't seen anything yet. Do not confuse paper wealth created by the bubble with intrinsic wealth. The intrinsic value of paper is 0. The intrinsic value of land or gold always remains the same. One guarantee is that the purchasing power of paper will not.
          And what is the 'intrinsic' value of gold? I know toilet paper has definite value when the roll is empty, and wheat does when the cupboard is bare, but not sure where gold fits in. If I you shine it up real well, can you use it as a mirror?

Comment

15444 I've always had the same thoughts on gold, what value does it have except to say I have some, you can't eat it and it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Comment

Government is more and more looking at farms as an untapped tax resource. Bled the middle class dry now onto the farmers.

When will the Canadian population start to revolute and demand changes to civil servant wages, benefits and pensions? In mb alone there is 120,000 civil servants. There is only 1.2 million people living here. Now if u remove children, seniors, reserve natives, and those who dont work, how many tax payers are working to support civil servants? Its absolutely crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                Government is more and more looking at farms as an untapped tax resource. Bled the middle class dry now onto the farmers.

When will the Canadian population start to revolute and demand changes to civil servant wages, benefits and pensions? In mb alone there is 120,000 civil servants. There is only 1.2 million people living here. Now if u remove children, seniors, reserve natives, and those who dont work, how many tax payers are working to support civil servants? Its absolutely crazy.
                I've been saying it for years! saskatchewan has maybe 300,000 people paying taxes!!!! I don't know how realistic that number actually is but I'd bet it isn't far off. Throw in a bunch of Syrians and various other "refugees" with little to no hope for employment to support their family of 6 or more and you keep adding to the problem. It's time that everyone paid their fair share no matter what their historical background is. Everyone uses tax payer funded health systems, roads and whatever else but only a small percentage pay for it. When is the insanity going to come to an end regarding groups who feel they are tax free?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...