• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvesting in spring

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvesting in spring

Is anybody doing any combining?
    If so, how is it going and how are last year's unharvested cereal crops looking?
    Are there any markets for spring harvested feed wheat?

Not here yet, too wet.

Comment

Have not seen any here (east of Edmonton) yet either. Drying hard today so may see an attempt by the weekend. Have to be careful not to get stuck though

Comment

Good luck to anyone venturing out for spring threshing. I would think the stuff south of Regina still out is going to need a couple good weeks yet.

Comment

some pictures of them combining canola by Kerrobert, these are on facebook.

Comment

Rolls out nice. Still oil in it. No losses... other than what deer ate.

Yield is about 95% of last fall so far. Didn't get much done field is too wet. Should be good to go again on Friday if we miss rain.

Comment

Hey Klaus....what's the moisture test say? If thats spring thrashed it looks better than I thought it would...not too much grey. Are the grey ones just rime from the canola pods or weather damage? Should take it to the terminal and have it checked for oil content...that would be interesting.....but be careful, don't let them test it for vomitoxin!! ;-)

Comment

13.2% moisture last Thursday. P&H sent it away to have it analyzed. I haven't heard back yet. The graded it and it came back as a poor 1 or good 2... a few "damaged" kernels, mainly from the low spots where we were pulling pods out of the water I think... that's where those grey seeds came from... I don't think swathed canola fared nearly as well, especially around here where it was/is laying in water.

Comment

Crops left standing here are, at least from the road, bad. Cereals flat. Canola half flat.
                  Quite black, especially swaths but all in general. Shelling. Weather dependent I guess.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9153.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	765498

Wheat sample.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9154.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	765499

Fields out all winter lots of wheat out of head due to wind all winter and yield will drop a lot.

Very few if any canola out all winter in our area.

Oats is write off just work with lemikin and call it a day if standing.

Barley field shelled bad.

Comment

We got some swathed barley, looks not bad actually if we can get a couple dry weeks I don't think there's much loss at all. Ground is pretty greasy in places yet. If the spring rains come it might be a different story though.
                      Our area everything was swathed and not much left out, had lots of snow and ice don't think a standing crop would have made it through.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        [ATTACH]1393[/ATTACH]

Wheat sample.

[ATTACH]1394[/ATTACH]

Fields out all winter lots of wheat out of head due to wind all winter and yield will drop a lot.

Very few if any canola out all winter in our area.

Oats is write off just work with lemikin and call it a day if standing.

Barley field shelled bad.
                        You have crop out? I thought you were all done and helping out neighbors and all that last fall??

Comment

Those look like prez chumps hands. Small and baby like. Not much calus????
                          Except the thumb from texting.

Looks like a behind the desk farmer. Hahahaha

Is that someone else wheat?

Comment

How many callousesyou got big wind? Only one hand I bet.

Comment

Big wind that is a great name.

Enough said.

Yes I am done and yes i did help my neighbours out.

This is a field i pass every single day out to the farm. Stopped yesterday to see how it looks and yes lots of seed on the ground wind and the heads didn't do great.

The oats fields were never harvested last fall and yes are total right off.

Barley is also really shelled.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...