• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvesting in spring

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok lets get back to the topic since Big Wheel is just a flat tire all air was let out.

Spring thrashed crops that were standing might have issues, in our area oats is a write off if standing. Barley has shelled bad and wheat has same issues for yield but cooler isn't that bad for over winter.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      [ATTACH]1393[/ATTACH]

Wheat sample.

[ATTACH]1394[/ATTACH]

Fields out all winter lots of wheat out of head due to wind all winter and yield will drop a lot.

Very few if any canola out all winter in our area.

Oats is write off just work with lemikin and call it a day if standing.

Barley field shelled bad.
      If its cardale wheat there wont be a seed left in the heads.

Comment

It really had a lot missing and the picture shows a big head that i shelled. maybe your correct.
        Cardale did like to do that.

Comment

I will let you guys know when they start threshing here, if they use a combine that is....

Sask3; did you consider maybe big wind is really integrity farmer????

Comment

This nitpicking identifies why farmers can't get a strong voice.....a first class pissing match that you see anytime farmers try to do something to help each other no matter the size.....

Comment

Farmers seem to treat each other as adversaries, not allies. The ****ers can seldom focus on what they agree on but dwell on their differences. Divide and conquer! Sadly they don't realize the power they'd have unified on certain fronts.....but no, everyone has to fight their own ****ing battle!

Comment

I am thrashing swathed durum. Looks not bad. Maybe alittle lighter. Should still be able to sell it for a good feed price.

Less yield than fall by 10-15%.

But it is dry. After swathed I have 70 acres that are standing well, then 300 that isn't standing real well. I was told by a neighbor that he is getting alittle over 50% on that kind of stand.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  I will let you guys know when they start threshing here, if they use a combine that is....

Sask3; did you consider maybe big wind is really integrity farmer????
                  My thought exactly, probably not a farmer at all. Don't buy into his crap.

Comment

You're right it's all crap. We aren't paying the biggest share of the boom while we re begging oil companies that our boss has shares in to come back and screw us again. Hahahahahaha

Was it an Ndp government in control when oil was 140? No those losers were in when oil was 45 and we re no better off now than then except price of everything has gone up except grain has not kept pace.

If I operated my farm like that I d be just like broad ass and the like that mismanaged and then walked away with millions personally. Just like our current boys runnin the show.

I know it hurts that these losers are probably even bigger losers than the ones that were replaced but it is a fact. And the reason we don't get Better representation as farmers is because we constantly go back and fight past elections instead of dealing with the truth of what is being done to us today. Because of our pride over our brains.

Anyhow I wanted to get it correct so had the boys and girls called in to the office and we own 16324 clear acres, own 6275 acres that we owe 356.27 an acre on.
                    We rent 8756 acres at an average rent of 68 dollars an acre. Everything gets lumped in average over acres and is cultivated acres.

The new land we will be renting I think there is about 1500 acres not harvested they technically have until end of month but I wouldn't. Hold them to that if conditions are they can't go. First go at so called wet acres. I ve lost lots of crop to drought never as much to wet. But we ll see.

If you're serious about selling I could probably handle another 5,000 acres this late in the game. Have the equipment but maybe not the seed.

Comment

[QUOTE=sk_wheatking;342681]
                      Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                      You're right it's all crap. We aren't paying the biggest share of the boom while we re begging oil companies that our boss has shares in to come back and screw us again. Hahahahahaha

Was it an Ndp government in control when oil was 140? No those losers were in when oil was 45 and we re no better off now than then except price of everything has gone up except grain has not kept pace.

If I operated my farm like that I d be just like broad ass and the like that mismanaged and then walked away with millions personally. Just like our current boys runnin the show.

I know it hurts that these losers are probably even bigger losers than the ones that were replaced but it is a fact. And the reason we don't get Better representation as farmers is because we constantly go back and fight past elections instead of dealing with the truth of what is being done to us today. Because of our pride over our brains.

Anyhow I wanted to get it correct so had the boys and girls called in to the office and we own 16324 clear acres, own 6275 acres that we owe 356.27 an acre on.
                      We rent 8756 acres at an average rent of 68 dollars an acre. Everything gets lumped in average over acres and is cultivated acres.

The new land we will be renting I think there is about 1500 acres not harvested they technically have until end of month but I wouldn't. Hold them to that if conditions are they can't go. First go at so called wet acres. I ve lost lots of crop to drought never as much to wet. But we ll see.

If you're serious about selling I could probably handle another 5,000 acres this late in the game. Have the equipment but maybe not the seed.[/QUOTE
                      who gives a **** there big wheel. your starting to look more like a big asshole. I'm sure you will have some kind of shitty comment for me now. Really who cares what or how much or where you farm, your just embarrassing yourself now, smarten the **** up already.

Comment

Silly me - I thought land on the prairies generally traded in multiples of 160 acres. Guess there must be lots of odd sized "first out" parcels hey?

Comment

Those are cultivated acres. Sorry

Comment

if your so big on buying everyone out then you better post your contact info on here.......

Comment

No wheatking you're an upstanding guy obviously by your choice of words. But since I m telling the truth about your star leader it s starting to not sound so good is it? You tell me one thing that isn't true about what's being done to the farming community?

Comment

the big wheel..... I don't think it's the message as much as the delivery!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...