• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah Canadians Forgot about the Second Winter!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Canadians Forgot about the Second Winter!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9247.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	777561

Ah Canadians Forgot about the Second Winter! Yes it arrived and wow is it quite a bit. Back yard looks like Dec Snow and front trees are sick looking.

Welcome to the second winter from my favourite TV Show the Game of Thrones!

Our Fat squirrel in City is looking like WTF just happened go to bed and its nice wake up and its a shit show.

Oh well I guess seeding will be pushed back to May 1 or Later now.

Weeks forecast sucks till thursday or friday.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_313.jpg
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	777562

Had a fun day yesterday getting rid of our number one pest in East Sask.. Beavers, got to like how they don't give up but really one dugout with a few trees in a small run way in middle of a section with no trees or sloughs and they dam up the water between the two dugout mounds.

Tanarite or dynamite or back hoe.

Name:	C767B1B8-BAA3-4376-89D6-2DB8AB68D9AA.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	777563

Have a great Monday, maybe even bring out the sleds for one last rip. Really the snow could of stayed away.

The snow we got Saturday has mostly melted today but I see snow is forecast again for tonight. I talked to one farmer at an auction sale on Saturday that said his equipment wasn't coming out of the shed until May, I laughed at him but looking at this weeks forecast it appears he will be right. Last year at this time I had my first quarter of peas in the ground and then it rained and it was a week before I was back seeding. This year patience will be required.

Comment

I'm going to send brown bag full of money to liberal party of canada so they can finish building their weather machine and Justin will fix this nasty weather. It's so nice to have a dictator that is looking out for our best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
        I'm going to send brown bag full of money to liberal party of canada so they can finish building their weather machine and Justin will fix this nasty weather. It's so nice to have a dictator that is looking out for our best interests.
        Some of us need to pay taxes ASAP, for them to WASTE plus borrow MORE!

Only weather Lib's & NDP want is COLDER, probably WETTER, didn't you notice we are BURNING up?

Comment

Several times in my farming career we have had 6-10 inch snow storms in May as well. It goes with the territory. It sucks but there is **** all you can do about except retire and let somebody else do it.

Comment

So your really saying chuck their is no climate change this is normal spring in canada.

Master of the flip flop or in reality you deep down know climate change is a f$&kkng joke

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              So your really saying chuck their is no climate change this is normal spring in canada.

Master of the flip flop or in reality you deep down know climate change is a f$&kkng joke
              so your admitting weather is normal and high water levels and flooding then must be farmers fault for clearing bush and trenching.Seems to me you flip flop on this issue also.

Comment

No it's a longer wet cycle! Has nothing at all to do with ditching and cuttin trees etc. It's weather I'm just sick of the wet cycle.

You climate change guys can't have it both ways.

Talk to your father or uncle or any one you know that's older than you and they will tell you about flwsrm summers cold summers wet summers and dry summers! Same with winter spring and fall. Some droughts last a few years longer it's not climate change it's just weather

Comment

cycles means it happens every so often in the past.When in the past has water levels been this high on some of the lakes?

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                    cycles means it happens every so often in the past.When in the past has water levels been this high on some of the lakes?
                    I don't know if it is true or not but I heard a guy on the radio say that the Quill Lakes was as high as it is now in 1914.

I have also heard that Natives told story's from generation to generation that the Qu'Appelle Valley was a huge lake that their ancestors could not cross.

Comment

huge tract of land from quill lakes east to aberdeen through prudhomme vonda and from alvena south to dana was called lake of islands

Comment

Got buried in Central Alberta last night. Roads are crap, especially the gravel. Hotwire isn't looking so great either.

Name:	IMG_4468.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	765518

Name:	IMG_4469.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	765519

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          I don't know if it is true or not but I heard a guy on the radio say that the Quill Lakes was as high as it is now in 1914.

I have also heard that Natives told story's from generation to generation that the Qu'Appelle Valley was a huge lake that their ancestors could not cross.
                          And also in 1880's, Quill over flowed into Last Mountain twice so far. In those years certainly NO DRAINAGE, in fact very few people, and land around it was covered in TREES! Must have been one hell of a wet cycle.
                          But that agrees with the full potholes over flowing scenario. Closing ditches only works IF it stops RAINING 20" a year!

Comment

so the normal weather cycle sask farmer was talking about is a 125 year cycle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...