• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swing and a miss! Oh wait a minuet something is changing!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing and a miss! Oh wait a minuet something is changing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	777647

Well they got last night right 30% chance of rain. The forcasters should actually say you have a 70% chance the night will have no rain.

Almost a 1/10 shower that took all night to get from Montana to us. Got weaker as it moved NE and finally ran out of gas.

Is the blocking pattern breaking down. I'm thinking it might be.

Yes the storms have no power but at least they are trying to fire up something. Now yesterday was 30 plus and dead glass lake calm today a total 360 turn windy gusts to 50 and chance of showers.

Oh Cravens last night usually good for a storm.

Last weeks heat caused flower blast and peas to shut down.

Cooler week ahead who knows.

I'm surprised their is disease in wheat with basically no rain.

Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	777645

Oh well with mist again today we will be back in the sprayer Monday and Tuesday finishing the HRS. Maybe catch more today on the rain lotto.

Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	777646

What are others thinking. Is the blocking pattern out of here or just a temporary reprieve.
    Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Jul 16, 2017, 07:11. Reason: Picture sucks

That gall darned block better get lost, but in reality, how can any system load up down south with moisture when it is bone dry in Montana? Just asking? If you give your lawn the 6:30 AM bare-foot test, you will notice that it is wet. Can't believe it!

Comment

I agree the grass is wet at midnight till 6 or 7 am.

Yes Montana is so dry fire warnings every day. Buddy just got home and said driest he's seen in years down their.

Comment

Looks like the drought is expanding. 60 70% chance of rain forcasts here mean nothing now, not even a drop. Even when the rare storm system forms, there just isnt any moisture in it. It seems the weather models do not take into account current drought conditions. Drought causes drought, just as rain makes rain. Looks like we may not see other rain until the seasonal patterns begin to shift towards fall.

It going to be one of those harvests where u shut down every night at 9.00 pm, as there is going to be no threat of rain the following day.

Comment

Yep and radar shows some fairly heavy looking stuff coming and it passes over and don't even get enough to wet the dust.
          I've been hoping for a dryer year for 10 years or so. Guess we're finally getting it.
          Defiantly be a lot less grain in this part of the world!!

It will be nice to get water table down and get some of our fields back that used to be nice. And not have 20 pot holes and cattails all over them.

Comment

I will be farming 10 percent more land next year .....

Disclaimer...if I am still farming

On land that has been under water for close to 8 years....it will make me more efficient....if we catch an inch in may June and July ....more than likely grow a good crop.

If the balls were bigger I would have taken some 2018 contracts....

Comment

Funny thing about a non rain year, just sprayed 1600 acres of hrs and only 5 sloughs left and they will be gone by time fall applied RR is used. We're almost back but not sure how deep the roots can go down. So far today Regina splits rain one goes wide right and other wide left. Ah the rain lotto. We're just not in it this year at all. Cool week will help.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...