• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The horseshoe.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.8 mm in the Biggar/ Wilkie area yesterday and last night. Not sure it will help much, but nice to see it rain.

Comment

It has been our experience that RAIN BEGETS RAIN.

Comment

Good to hear tbe canola is doing good. We noticed that the fields seeded thinner are way better here as well. The thicker fields are ripening quicker and have way smaller pods. Overall still good crop but could have been better(I think) if was seeded at 3 lbs instead of 4.5. Pretty hard to out guess mother nature.

Comment

Good to hear tbe canola is doing good. We noticed that the fields seeded thinner are way better here as well. The thicker fields are ripening quicker and have way smaller pods. Overall still good crop but could have been better(I think) if was seeded at 3 lbs instead of 4.5. Pretty hard to out guess mother nature.

Comment

Ya it's near impossible to out guess Mother Nature. The best a guy can do is try to identify patterns over a long time .
            Long range forecast models , even sort term ones are almost useless as well when it comes to micro climate phenomenon like that .

Side note - we did get a freak cloud burst on a few 1/4's that dropped 1/2 plus hail two days ago . I call it a freak one because it came from the SE out of no where and was gone in a few miles .
            Seems to be the case in years like this

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...