• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot Liberals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot Liberals

Just wait... we will be giving away supply management in exchange for "environmental concessions" in NAFTA negotiations...

Something the Conservatives never did... supply management works well for a sectors that work with limited shelf life items... the system works well leave it the f** alone.

Indefensible Klause. The granting of monopoly rights of production to a small group of people contradicts our rights and freedoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
      Indefensible Klause. The granting of monopoly rights of production to a small group of people contradicts our rights and freedoms.

If you have cash go buy quota. There ya go... now you're a supplyanaged farmer. Buddy of mine just setup a new egg barn like that.

How is it any different than having to buy $400,000 land in order to grain farm... that infringes my rights to have a 6000 acre grain farm. Somebody should just give me the land :P

Comment

The difference is the quota was given free to begin with and every time it changes hands the value is added to the cost of product, So in your analogy to a grain farm wheat should be $25/30 per bushel.And that old saying if you think its so good buy in is so full of shit it hardly begs a comment. If I think parts are to high buy a company, or a dealership, very simplistic.

Comment

Two big agriculture items in past trade talks were wheat board and supply management.
          Got rid of one, time to get rid of the other.
          Birds of a feather.

Comment

How does a bank deal with a mortgage on quota that the govt issues then repeals? Easy come easy go?

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
              Two big agriculture items in past trade talks were wheat board and supply management.
              Got rid of one, time to get rid of the other.
              Birds of a feather.
              We got rid of the CWB and got nothing in return... I support the open market but at least we could have used it as a bargaining chip.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                How does a bank deal with a mortgage on quota that the govt issues then repeals? Easy come easy go?
                Golden parachutes my friend, golden parachutes.......

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                  If you have cash go buy quota. There ya go... now you're a supplyanaged farmer. Buddy of mine just setup a new egg barn like that.

How is it any different than having to buy $400,000 land in order to grain farm... that infringes my rights to have a 6000 acre grain farm. Somebody should just give me the land :P
                  I agree, expensive to play but good system once you're in. Any farmer that speaks against needs to think about the feed grains and forage that are consumed by the dairy/poultry business there profit guarantee allows them to pay their feed bills.

There is actually a program to encourage new entrants on the dairy quota, government lends you quota for 10yrs, within that time your supposed to buy it but they give you increases to your quota even though it's borrowed that is yours and you get to keep. One guy told me he got $80000 worth of quota last year for free under this program and that is his first year.

Comment

More related to CETA than Nafta but there is government money available to the supply management industries in regards to concessions made there. Not sure the details but serious coin, got a neighbor doing barn renos says he's eligible for up to 250g.

Worse than getting rid of it for nothing will be the compensation the rest of us have to pay in taxes.

Idiot Liberals indeed

Comment

Just wait... we will be giving away supply management in exchange for "environmental concessions" in NAFTA negotiations....

Billion $ question is what does "environmental concessions" refer to.

Comment

J.. supply management works well for a sectors that work with limited shelf life items... the system works well leave it the f** alone.
                        Good post Klause, spot on. I don't think that supply management is covered by NAFTA though. Still better worth keeping than throwing away though.

Comment

Watching the cluster**** that followed with the open market with the elimination of the cwb ....I am going to disagree with eliminating supply management....maybe change the rules a bit but as much as I hate the price of milk and it's pricing mechanism. ...good on those that milk cows everyday.

The open market in grain in Canada is a joke....no real market info from the industry other than they continue and are allowed to change the rules at their leisure.

Comment

Same here keep it in place maybe fix up somewhat.

Comment

We are either a free market economy or we aren't. US may make that decision for us. I am actually surprised that the quota system has survived this long.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...