• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot Liberals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grassfarter, How are you claiming that crop insurance is subsidized? Surely you don't think that because there's relief due to good performance by making fewer claims, that that is a subsidy? Are you referring to relief in premiums by the government?

Let me ask you then,,,,What other insurance indemnity payment are you required to declare as income and have to pay provincial and federal taxes on?

Comment

sorry grassy, I guess I'm as bad of speller as SF3.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Who is willing to sell the same product for less money? Certainly no-one milking cows in Canada. The US product isn't comparable as its produced with BST hormone. A few guys are selling raw milk illegally here but at considerably more than the cost of organic milk in the store. Some times, somewhere else in the world it may be available for less money and nobody is stopping you from buying that.
        What you really want is the Government to change some rules to break the system so that enough cheap imports (subsidized by their governments) come in to collapse the price here so that the farmer gets less than the cost of production. Then you sit and complain that your grain prices are poor for much the same reasons. Stupid is as stupid does.
        I would say that you're just scared of the unknown. You're making an assumption that if Supply Management is broken that there will be less milk production in Canada. You're also making the assumption that the country will be flooded with imports. If you look at the U.S., the states with the lowest cost of production are not the only ones producing milk. In fact California, with all of it's crazy laws that drive up the cost of production, is the number one producer.

Milk would still be produced in Canada without SM. SM restricts supply; therefore, it's also restricting the amount of grain being fed to produce that supply. If SM was stopped, dairies would become larger and more efficient. 100 cow dairies would be replaced with 10,000 cow dairies. I would argue that you may find feed consumption could actually increase if SM were eliminated.

And as far as the milk not being the same, it all tastes the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
          I would say that you're just scared of the unknown. You're making an assumption that if Supply Management is broken that there will be less milk production in Canada. You're also making the assumption that the country will be flooded with imports. If you look at the U.S., the states with the lowest cost of production are not the only ones producing milk. In fact California, with all of it's crazy laws that drive up the cost of production, is the number one producer.

Milk would still be produced in Canada without SM. SM restricts supply; therefore, it's also restricting the amount of grain being fed to produce that supply. If SM was stopped, dairies would become larger and more efficient. 100 cow dairies would be replaced with 10,000 cow dairies. I would argue that you may find feed consumption could actually increase if SM were eliminated.

And as far as the milk not being the same, it all tastes the same to me.

Yup let's usper size dairies too... And ten bitch about how rural areas and small towns become more and more depopulated. "Facepalm*

If they need more feed that's the definition if lower efficiency. And dairies fees very little grain...

If you can't taste the difference between Dairyland and Lucerne milk... Holy.

Comment

What subsidies are you talking about grass ??? Did you not read that link from Klause about SCIC ?? Who the *** is subsidizing who ?
            And yes a lot of farm operate very well without it and have for a long time to answer you

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
              Yup let's usper size dairies too... And ten bitch about how rural areas and small towns become more and more depopulated. "Facepalm*

If they need more feed that's the definition if lower efficiency. And dairies fees very little grain...

??? More feed per animal would mean lower efficiency. If Canadian dairies become competitive on a global scale and expand, feed demand would expand as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

25 lbs per cow per day is a pretty typical average for lactating cows. I'm not sure that's "very little grain".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...