• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combine Info

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combine Info

Looking to upgrade our combine for next year. All this lexion talk and combine setting talk have me confused which way to go. Currently run new holland but looking for info on all combine brands from 2008-2012. Any info would be appreciated!

Originally posted by 4GFarms View Post
    Looking to upgrade our combine for next year. All this lexion talk and combine setting talk have me confused which way to go. Currently run new holland but looking for info on all combine brands from 2008-2012. Any info would be appreciated!
    Just curious 4G what don't you like about the New Holland that prompts your desire to change. Personally from a capacity standpoint I am very happy with my 9070. Had it programmed to produce 510 hp, this improved fuel economy and now we run at 75-80% engine load max. Certainly there are issues with New Holland such as it could be built heavier. Did a a demo on a Lexion 760 a few years back, nice machine but I thought it was long, clumsy and complicated. Did run a JD 9760 for a few years. Good combine, harder on fuel than the New Holland and not near as efficient in canola.

Comment

For combining canola, wheat and barley how many acres would a reliable CR9070 harvest in a typical year? (In the northern prairies)
      Last edited by Oliver88; Sep 27, 2017, 08:50.

Comment

was wondering the same thing , what brand.

have an 08 lex 570 r with 1700 eng. hr.s.
        while i am happy with what it saves, it has issues too.

and it is not like you will find too many cheap lexions anymore

the 9070s put more thru.
        but their upkeep seems high.

i wonder about the red ones, do they do as well as the hew hollands.

is it just me or are used combines piling up on the lots again.
        maybe a good time to be auction shopping

Comment

We sure like our 8120

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
            was wondering the same thing , what brand.

have an 08 lex 570 r with 1700 eng. hr.s.
            while i am happy with what it saves, it has issues too.

and it is not like you will find too many cheap lexions anymore

the 9070s put more thru.
            but their upkeep seems high.

i wonder about the red ones, do they do as well as the hew hollands.

is it just me or are used combines piling up on the lots again.
            maybe a good time to be auction shopping
            The case singe rotor is a lot simpler. The big tube rotor will thrash as well as a new holland .nothing wrong with new holland but the cases are a lot simpler to fix and keep up

Comment

Seems like all other colors traded at dealers. Lemons, treated rough or some are not happy, wanting more.
              Always had Deere, but this 9870 cost more in repairs than last 4 combines together. One needs to just put up with and learn to live with the bad engineering/design in all colors.

Comment

I think the major issue with the large single rotor axial combines regardless of color is how evenly does it load the sieves? This is where I think the twin rotor, hybrid or Gleaner designs have an edge. When checking for losses do you notice losses vary as you check across the width of the machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  For combining canola, wheat and barley how many acres would a reliable CR9070 harvest in a typical year? (In the northern prairies)
                  The weather certainly dictates. Yesterday we were straight cutting 50 bpa invigor canola crop, 30 foot honeybee header with pea auger, averaged 4 mph. So that equates to roughly 14 acres an hour. Rates of speed similar in cereals.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                    I think the major issue with the large single rotor axial combines regardless of color is how evenly does it load the sieves? This is where I think the twin rotor, hybrid or Gleaner designs have an edge. When checking for losses do you notice losses vary as you check across the width of the machine?
                    Have had neighbors come assist with their Case combines. One neighbor with a stienbauer chipped 8120 consumed roughly 30-40% more fuel than the NH. It seems to me single rotor combines consume more fuel than other designs. Having said that the 2388 in the same field was very efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      You couldn't give me a newholland !

You can buy a cr or cx at ritchies for almost free !
                      Send me a free CR or CX. I will take either. Remember no resale value is good for the buyer of used.

Comment

We found the 9240 fairly good one fuel .
                        I think there is a big difference though running high HP out of smaller engines .
                        This 9240 has the 15.9 lt FPC engine .
                        Not near the top end of power for that engine .

Comment

Hamloc, not opposed to new holland just looking for opinions on other brands. Interested to hear from anyone running massey or gleaner. We run conventional new holland so not familiar with the rotaries. Dealers have let us down in the past. Maybe not big enough for them to care???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...