• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HWSW buyer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWSW buyer

If the CWB won't take your HWSW we will.

If you offer and they decline sell your hard white spring wheat to Hayhoe Mills at www.hayhoe.com.

Ontario is just smokin' since the wheat board here folded like a cheap tent. And the biggest winner this year? The Ontario wheat farmer.

Maybe PM Martin will be the guy to wind up the WW II wheat board.

Keep up the heat and free wheat in the west.

I don't have any HWSW at the present time. However, would Hayhoe Mills enter into a contract with a prairie wheat grower to purchase 2004 production of HWSW? For that matter, what about other kinds of wheat?

Comment

The media out here in the west are suggesting Paul Martin might put Ralph Goodale back in the ag minister seat. I sure hope not because then we would not have a chance at any kind of marketing change.
      I would not be afraid to market the wheat I grow on my own.
      We do it with everything else we grow.
      We market through the big line companies, the independent grain traders, to individual end users, you name it if there is an opportunity, we do a little home work and then we maybe make a sale. It is an ongoing process it does not matter wether we are in the middle of winter, in the middle of seeding or harvest you have to be constantly on the lookout for opportunities. I do not have an off-farm job because I am too busy farming, enjoying my kids, going on a holiday every now and then, and Iam loving it.

Comment

Perhaps we should ask the cwb if I can contract directly with you [which we now do in Ontario]and while we are at let's ask them if a baker in Quebec can contract directly with you and then I just mill it for him.
        Would the cwb seize the mixer and oven of the Montreal baker for violating the cwb act? Or would the baker be violating the act? Or would they want to risk the political firestorm that would occur in the new PM's hometown over such a repressive and nationally harmful law.

Free wheat in the west.

Comment

Eatmorewheat

If you don't mind me asking. What would a Ontario farmer get for his #1 wheat a bushel delievered to the mill on the open market vs. OWB?

Comment

This is a wbsite in Ontario with cash wheat bids. Click "wheat news" on this page and then "soybean & wheat report" to get wheat board bids as well as the trade.

http://www.lacoop.com/index.cfm?
            show=11&mid=7&theLocation=1&cmid=9

Comment

eatmorewheat

I logged on and and fell out of the chair,at the price difference. Outstanding!!!!

Comment

Jackflash,

I think you were looking at the soybean prices. You can get back in your chair now. Nothing to write home about here except that millers buying wheat from Ontario producers pay less than for similar commodities purchased from the CWB.

Comment

Ration-Al

I guess I did get ahead of myself. They are making a killing on soybeans. Back to the wheat,is the price quote by the wheat board what the farmer will end up with at crop year end or is there a pay't coming.
                  What I see here is the open market wheat seller is getting .30 more in the pit and his money working for him 12 mos. earlier.
                  Now our situation in Western Canada, is we are getting 2.20 initial for #1 13.5. and maybe another 1.50 final pay't looking at the pro's. Due to the states shutting down the border,The CWB's inept handling of marketing last year, and being a non election year in the Wheat board. Not too many options for the wheat farmer..

Comment

Ration-Al

I guess I did get ahead of myself. They are making a killing on soybeans. Back to the wheat,is the price quote by the wheat board what the farmer will end up with at crop year end or is there a pay't coming.
                    What I see here is the open market wheat seller is getting .30 more in the pit and his money working for him 12 mos. earlier.
                    Now our situation in Western Canada, is we are getting 2.20 initial for #1 13.5. and maybe another 1.50 final pay't looking at the pro's. Due to the states shutting down the border,The CWB's inept handling of marketing last year, and being a non election year in the Wheat board. Not too many options for the wheat farmer..

Comment

Jackflash;

Have you ever checked quality specs on Eastern Canadian grades, and seen the premiums for protien etc.?

Check it out.

Canadian Eastern grades of wheat bear no quality resemblence to CWRS, so we ARE NOT compareing apples to apples.

Looks to me that Ontario prices are at a big PREMIUM to CWB prices offered us today, $.50/bu or more when quality is comparable... plus there is no CWB buyback to do for Ontario farmers to pay to the pool accounts to sell direct to Ontario Mills.

STRANGE, I wonder where the CWB act says Western Canadian farmers must pay the CWB a sum of money, where Ontario farmers don't need to... to sell to the USA and Ontario Millers?

Could anyone find EXACTLY where in the CWB ACT, that, this is a LEGAL discriminatory policy that is in reality the LAW here in Canada?

Comment

TOM4CWB

I have heard Ontario wheat has quality issues,from what we are accustomed to, but my ignorance has opened another can of worms.
                        It certainly is unfair that the wheat board has two sets of rule books,and we have to the thick one.
                        I wish I was a fly on the wall in a gov't boardroom when they were written way back in the 1940's. To try and understand their logic...

Comment

TOM4CWB

I have heard Ontario wheat has quality issues,from what we are accustomed to, but my ignorance has opened another can of worms.
                          It certainly is unfair that the wheat board has two sets of rule books,and we have to the thick one.
                          I wish I was a fly on the wall in a gov't boardroom when they were written way back in the 1940's. To try and understand their logic...

Comment

Jackflash;

I wonder if you understand that there is CWRS west of Thunderbay, and CERS East of Thunderbay.

THAT IS RIGHT, two totally different grading systems, with very different standards in these grades.

I am not saying that Ontario Wheat is substandard, just like a DNS 14% US graded wheat is not substandard, just that many years neither of these wheat products could be graded as a 1CWRS.

Comment

TOM4CWB

Thank-you for the information. I guess in the end the wheat, mills into a adequate flour. The baker's can produce products which meet the expectations of the consumer.
                              I took a tour of the Monsanto bi-tech factory in 99 in St.Louis. One of the sidelines was a trip to Budweiser brewery. The barley sample the maltsers showed us, that they were using, I wouldn't feed my cows.
                              We all know the specs that have to be met to obtain the selection of malt barley in Western Canada. Huge variation....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...