• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Producer Cars the CWB and Cherry Picking.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Producer Cars the CWB and Cherry Picking.

Darrell;

I get a real kick out of the PRO CWB supporters, and the CWB itself, that promote the choice of Producer Cars.

Producer Cars cherry pick the system of investments in our infrastructure... by undermining the billions invested by those of us who were willing to invest in high throughput multi-spot terminals.

But I believe that CHOICE, should respect a persons right to avoid these efficient terminals to pocket the dollars by doing a little hard work, taking some risk, and causing some inconveince for the rest that are not excersing this right to be independant and get a premium!

We all know that if everyone shipped all their grain by producer car, our whole system of grain handling would be bankrupted and destroyed... and our customers at port position would wait a very long time for the right grain to fill their shipment! It simply could not work near as efficiently or in near as timely a manner... at an increased cost to us all... even now producer cars COST all shippers.

Now what about marketing choice?

We know that non-board sales of grain need not be slow, of small lots, and can easily be planned a year ahead if required. Non-board sales of grain could easily be done giving those who need to sell outside the CWB, and allow marketing choice.

The CWB theory that grain prices in a multi-seller market are always discounted to the lowest level... is simply false, if it were the truth, Producer Cars would destroy the grain handling system in CANADA!

Those who want it both ways, choice when it suits them, but no choice in marketers to fill their own pockets... should think twice about what they are actually doing...

Producer Cars and the CWB... simply amazing farmers can accomodate both at the same time... and still survive!

Give me a break T0M4CWB. Just because you made a farm business decision to invest in condo storage that the grain company convienitly filled with thier grain this past harvest season don't erode my right to utilize producer cars. All producers have had the right to use producer car since 1895 I believe. We have made a business decision to add value to our farm produce. I believe that is a provincial goverment objective for primary producers. Not only are we adding value to our bottom lines we are trying to keep our rural communities from disappearing.If You want to deliver to concrete monuments of stupidity that is your choice but don't erode my preference. In fact you should be thanking us for putting some competition back in the market place.

Comment

hvincent;

I hope you understood the following;

"But I believe that CHOICE, should respect a persons right to avoid these efficient terminals to pocket the dollars by doing a little hard work, taking some risk, and causing some inconveince for the rest that are not excersing this right to be independant and get a premium!"

I am to advocating the end to producer cars, they have been a "RIGHT" since 1895 just as you say.

I simply hope you understand that CWB Producer Cars are not typically shipped to a specific sale with a specific boat to load. The rest of the Non-board system is all done on a ship to sale to boat system with a minimum of terminal storage being of prime consideration.

Choice always has a cost, but benefits of competition in most peoples minds outweight the cost.

I only hope you are open minded enough to equally apply this same principal to CWB Market Choice issues.

Comment

Producer Cars are the wave of the future since wooden elevators have been replaced by poorly planned and placed concrete monsters.They not only provide competion but also a inexpensive solution to indenity preserved crops that are also the wave of the future.They will also help to save our rural road systems.This movement is taking place all over the prairies in many variations.Well planned producer car train units will drive efficieny into our handling system.

Comment

hvincent;

I think you missed my point;

My intention was never to say producer cars should be outlawed...

In a world of IP, reducing the number of handles is critical, no question.

Do we understand the true costs involved in producer cars, is this type of grain handling system practical and economically sustainable in the long run?

Much to think about, no question

All the best in your future, Merry Christmas and God Bless you in 2004!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...