• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is June 2 and no real measurable rain this spring 4mm since snow left in April, drizzle ,ike mist the last 4 days, as sask3 says that's farming,i am beginning to hope it doesn't rain now as I have moisture deficiency insurance, looks like the best possibility of profit this yr as the alfalfa did almost 100% winterkill also. .

Comment

How sad, floods and drought at the same time, opposite sides of issue? Hope most are happy...

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        anyone else notice how far off the green weatherman is ?
        He sure was good for the markets tho? With his 1936 weather model comparison ! Been getting $12 for canola here for a month. I suspect that is over now lol anyways the market (farmers) thanks you

Comment

anyone else notice how far off the green weatherman is ?
          Help me out here, who is the green weatherman.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            4.23 inches in the last ten days. Unreal. There's people out there who got more, or more in fewer days.
            I would take that here quite happily - needs it to redress the hydrological drought we are in. Sloughs and wells are low. We got 30mm the last couple of days so that's a welcome development. Could handle that much once a week from now until September. It's our most limiting input and it's free - the more we get, the more it adds to our bottom line - pure profit.

Comment

Help me out here, who is the green weatherman.

Thanks in advance.
              You dont have a john deere weatherman there ?

Comment

You dont have a john deere weatherman there ?
                God no, not in the Slum of the Ghetto, can't afford that level of luxury!

I was teasing SF3 about having one when he said he wanted one with a moisture probe on it, I told him that that way John Deere will know if he can afford new equipment be for he will!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  I would take that here quite happily - needs it to redress the hydrological drought we are in. Sloughs and wells are low. We got 30mm the last couple of days so that's a welcome development. Could handle that much once a week from now until September. It's our most limiting input and it's free - the more we get, the more it adds to our bottom line - pure profit.
                  Its surprising there isn't "more" water laying around than there is. There will be some losses but nothing compared to the gains from the rain.

Very "thankful" Grassy...my cup runneth over! Lol. No really...

Comment

God no, not in the Slum of the Ghetto, can't afford that level of luxury!

I was teasing SF3 about having one when he said he wanted one with a moisture probe on it, I told him that that way John Deere will know if he can afford new equipment be for he will!
                    Drew lerner the john deere qeatherman

Comment

Water laying around now and it will start running soon here. I guess I should not be surprised the country school area is called Waterfield.

Comment

Drew lerner the john deere qeatherman
                        More help please. What does Drew Lerner have to do with John Deere...come on man, I'm slow and need everything explained to me.

N i c e a n d s l o w

Comment

More help please. What does Drew Lerner have to do with John Deere...come on man, I'm slow and need everything explained to me.

N i c e a n d s l o w
                          Every day on the radio “this is your john deere weather report with drew lerner for cervus equipment ‘

Comment

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a nice slow couple of inches like yesterday, June 1, 2018. It was powder dry all the way to China before that. I remember younger days, like 1965 ish when it would rain so much that the ground was moving with salamanders. Sures beats blowing dust filling the ditches.

Comment

Every day on the radio “this is your john deere weather report with drew lerner for cervus equipment ‘
                              I thought you were talking about those elaborate John Deere weather stations.

Comment

I thought you were talking about those elaborate John Deere weather stations.
                                CJVR 750 radio in Melfort has the Drew Lerner weather report every week day at about 12:30 and about 4:30 pm and it is sponsored by Cervus Equ. I always try to hear it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...