• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see The weather network just updated a potential flood risk for same areas in the prairies this weekend through Sunday ...

Comment

To dry or to wet neither is good but all I know for me the wet years you work so hard for so little and the dry years for me were just a breeze with better crops and better profits than I expect.

Farming in NE Sask I most likely don't understand real drought like some of you do.

I I should also mention if someone from a dry area saw the mosquitoes we had here the summer of 2016 I doubt you would live here.
      Last edited by seldomseen; Jun 6, 2018, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I agree 100%. Just like farmaholic advertises his Paradise as the slum of the ghetto to keep the rest of us away. This is all very marginal pasture land , We are hoping to expand the frost free grazing season from two weeks to three if global warming ever happens. The occasional wet years nine out of 10 are minor compared to the frosts. Much of it is better suited to cattle country, Which is why I still keep a hundred and some cows here , To make use of that and as insurance. But with my lack of math skills, I can't figure out how to pay for land using cattle. If Grass farmer had it figured out he would probably still be here too.
        Don't need to make up stories to keep people away from that frost pocket. I've got the photos somewhere of me lifting a skin of ice off the dog's water bowl on Canada day 2009 and the neighbours drought salvaged barley swaths with snow on them August 4th 2003 or the 40 quarters they got hailed on in 2009.
        Awesome grass growing area but extremely marginal grain country. Cattle not paying for the land had nothing to do with me moving to Manitoba.

Comment

Thanks for helping my cause Grassfarmer. Where exactly were you at? West of Rimbey? I'm an hour South of Rimbey. When I look at Google for drive around, I often wonder why there are pockets of farmland in pockets of bush and pasture in the west country( or north). Is it soil or climate? Where those areas homesteaded and given up on?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            I see The weather network just updated a potential flood risk for same areas in the prairies this weekend through Sunday ...
            Looks like these guys called it first
            Environment Can has nothing till a day or two ago.
            It’s really starting to shake lose today.
            Central Alberta gettin er now .
            Looks very wet after this goes through
            Hope everyone is caught up spraying , which was near impossible with these fukin strong SE winds every day here.
            It could be a week before we get back at weed control.
            Stay safe tonight everyone in Alberta / western Sask .......

Comment

The 7 day moisture forecast

Comment

Hearing a fair amount of damage from last night and this morning from hail to flooding to wind damage ....

Comment

Neighbors Shed from last night ..

Some hail in the area ...

Comment

Just curious , how much tax payer money flows into Environment Canada ?
                    Whatever it is , it is a complete waste of money

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...