• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rained so Reading further input

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rained so Reading further input

They allegedly sent people
    Out to seize equipment and seized a neighbors equipment and then assaulted the farmer knocking him out???
    Holy crap what the hell
    Kind of people are these guys?

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    They allegedly sent people
    Out to seize equipment and seized a neighbors equipment and then assaulted the farmer knocking him out???
    Holy crap what the hell
    Kind of people are these guys?
    Leg breakers. Wanna play big boy games, you gotta be ready to play by big boy rules.

Comment

Where did you read this?

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
        Where did you read this?
        Read so many but it was CBC news may 02 report on feduk case.

Comment

Yup heard the same story , but as always most doing input capital are generally in a game most don’t play. IE the high stakes poker tables at Vegas ... just sayin.
          Try leaving Vegas with a mill debt ... someone will be tracking you down sooner or later .... it’s called the bad end of loan sharking .. I could be wrong but ...

Comment

Should not be surprised at all really . You make that bed you sleep in it .

Comment

One has to wonder how many of these mega farms are in trouble? Most of them cant get that big without a lot of money from somebody else. When they start using one sided, complicated lending organizations they are likely already in trouble and should be downsizing into a viable operation.

The question I have is why aren't governments supporting smaller and medium sized farms with good lending policy and supports that encourages more farms instead of these giant ego driven empires?

More average sized farms would make our struggling rural communities more viable and keep more young people directly involved and likely make for more stable and sustainable farms.

We don't really need giant farms owned by one family or corporation that could be independently farmed by 20 families.

Didn't a lot of our ancestors leave the old country because the landed gentry owned all the land and there was no opportunities? Seems like we are headed back to same old problem where a few rich landowners control all the land.

Comment

Governments have had policy to consolidate farms for quite a while.

Look how they ignore agriculture in politics.

The ducking steel tariffs have the opposition asking for help for those involved.

News flash ....India has kicked the shit out of our pulse industry and no one has asked for help....

Even kinder Morgan got bailed out before agriculture and the effects of the loss of the pulse market...

Maybe when Katib is on the ropes something will happen. ..

Government policy is about politicians helping themselves ....

Nothing to gain to help out a mom and pop farm .....no board seats there.

Comment

Exactly right Bucket....no action against India. I have asked for months on this forum that we retaliate with our own tariffs and give that money to prop up pulse growers...some agreed others not. Canadian Gov did nothing. We have a nothing Ag Min. Who I don’t even think understands Western Ag issues. I guess steel must be more important than food and western farm families. I hope when the Indians need our pulses again (and the will!) we extract the most possible in price.

Comment

Not one party gives a shit about agriculture''s primary producers. ....now if you are talking about the leeches supplting farmers ...well....that's a whole another story....

1. Morris industries got millions.
                    2. R & D never is short.
                    3. Churchill on a steady drip with never becoming viable due to graincos interference.
                    4. P &H got millions for down east milling.

5. CPP bailed out emsley.

The list goes on but primary producers that feed them all get their margins whittled down every time. ...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Not one party gives a shit about agriculture''s primary producers. ....now if you are talking about the leeches supplting farmers ...well....that's a whole another story....

1. Morris industries got millions.
                      2. R & D never is short.
                      3. Churchill on a steady drip with never becoming viable due to graincos interference.
                      4. P &H got millions for down east milling.

5. CPP bailed out emsley.

The list goes on but primary producers that feed them all get their margins whittled down every time. ...
                      Isn't that the truth and add a whole lot more. And people look at farmers cross eyed when they have financial troubles they are considered poor managers loosers etc. Others scam the system use our money from taxes and are the cornerstone of ag according to the gormley s of the world who know jack shut about what's going on.

Comment

I will say this again.Input capital was condoned by both the NDP and saskparty governments..... they are fully backed or have the support of MLAs....so nothing serious will happen to input .....it will make too many look corrupt in both parties.....

The mafia always have their bases covered.

Comment

Agree Chuck! Great grandparents came here to be their own boss.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            One has to wonder how many of these mega farms are in trouble? Most of them cant get that big without a lot of money from somebody else. When they start using one sided, complicated lending organizations they are likely already in trouble and should be downsizing into a viable operation.

The question I have is why aren't governments supporting smaller and medium sized farms with good lending policy and supports that encourages more farms instead of these giant ego driven empires?

More average sized farms would make our struggling rural communities more viable and keep more young people directly involved and likely make for more stable and sustainable farms.

We don't really need giant farms owned by one family or corporation that could be independently farmed by 20 families.

Didn't a lot of our ancestors leave the old country because the landed gentry owned all the land and there was no opportunities? Seems like we are headed back to same old problem where a few rich landowners control all the land.
                            Could it be that the reason why predatory lendors such as this exist and are targeting large farms, and the Ritchie Bros catalogue is full of them is that the government policies are working, and are not supporting large farms? We are very small by grain farm standards( big by local standards), and are quite profitable. As much as I disagree with massive farms, I really don't see how you legislate them out of existence without a lot of collateral damage. Looks to me like the free market is solving the issue itself.

Comment

https://mcmillan.ca/mobile/showpublication.aspx?show=100312 well I have to admit I didn't realize it took 60% interest rate to be considered "criminal". Noticed Bell Canada is at 43%/yr. If govt wants to proclaim that it's helping the poor this is a fine place to start..... rather then serving the too big to fail banks/ finance cos with today's BOC rate

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...