• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rained so Reading further input

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Could it be that the reason why predatory lendors such as this exist and are targeting large farms, and the Ritchie Bros catalogue is full of them is that the government policies are working, and are not supporting large farms? We are very small by grain farm standards( big by local standards), and are quite profitable. As much as I disagree with massive farms, I really don't see how you legislate them out of existence without a lot of collateral damage. Looks to me like the free market is solving the issue itself.
    The large farms exist for many reasons I couldn't get finances unless I expanded its worked well so but a couple bad years that could change.
    But the big farms obviously took over small farms some of which were retireees but most of what I took over was because banks and FCC would not give input loans to put crops in. And some guys weren't that bad of shape just had a bad year or two and cash flow disappeared.

There is a lot more trouble on the farm than many want to admit because it would be an admittance that the farm programs only work for the scammers.

I think people like input know the farm programs are a joke so why not offer easy credit knowing that if you charge crazy interest chances of owning the land are very good for input. I also wonder if this isn't all ties to Chinese eventually owning the land. Just my thoughts on that.

The real problem exists with the shirty programs and the total failure of normal lending institutions to recognize farm situations require differnt help at times.

Comment

Just thinning the herd. Happened in the cattle industry with BSE. Never hear a word about the wealth they stole or the scam they used to depress prices.

Comment

Carefull what you wish for, the unintended consequences.

Are you guys suggesting more colonies? Whats Better and worse?

Comment

Thats who Lingenfelter had picked for the ag industry in Saskatchewan.....some of the reason he got booted...

He would be visiting the colonies pretty often.

Comment

My daughter has completed her first year of ag at the U os S. She has mentioned that one of the professors opinions on the future scale of ag is if your struggling in the least you are not big enough. If you want to be successful you need to expand or quit and work for a large company.
            This is the thing they are teaching a first year ag student? When I heard this my heart sank, we are paying tuition expecting her to build on her intelligence and get more knowledge so she can build a better life for herself, of course there is struggles in anything and if I would have thrown in the towel at the first bump in the road she would not have been exposed to the ag industry and wouldnt have developed an interest in pursuing it. This is where the herding starts, first year of university the direction is towards big business and finding a box to fit in. So this old guy has to point out that the lady professor doesnt really speak for the grassroots portion of ag. This way of thinking is not what settled this country .

Comment

The professor did not mention that 75% of ag jobs are sales jobs and that if she does not like sales she should change her major. Think SALES agronomist. Local Pioneer manger was expressing frustration with the fact that the new hires think their job is agronomy when it is really sales.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                The professor did not mention that 75% of ag jobs are sales jobs and that if she does not like sales she should change her major. Think SALES agronomist. Local Pioneer manger was expressing frustration with the fact that the new hires think their job is agronomy when it is really sales.
                you are so right. those positions really should be looking for people with good sales backgrounds, an agronomy degree not required.

Comment

Guess I don't understand all pissing and moaning about input. If you don't like the terms then don't do business with them.
                  I didn't like the terms my family was laying down with the farm so I parted ways with them And did my own thing .
                  The fellow in question here decided to do business with them. He made his bed and now has to sleep in it. No one to blame but himself.

Comment

Pretty simple. If u wanna get their attention don’t seed an acre. I mean all of us. This country would be crippled. Everything rolls down hill and we are at the top if we would just follow through once.

Comment

Originally posted by Saskpraireboy View Post
                      Guess I don't understand all pissing and moaning about input. If you don't like the terms then don't do business with them.
                      I didn't like the terms my family was laying down with the farm so I parted ways with them And did my own thing .
                      The fellow in question here decided to do business with them. He made his bed and now has to sleep in it. No one to blame but himself.
                      It's a big deal because it has connections to the sask government both NDP and saskparty...and font forget these guys had the backing of the CPPIB to ensure they made money....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        It's a big deal because it has connections to the sask government both NDP and saskparty...and font forget these guys had the backing of the CPPIB to ensure they made money....
                        So what, AGT has been on the teat of government and apparently he hasn't made any money. I too don't understand every one's pissing and moaning, if it doesn't directly affect you what is the problem? From what I read he signed a deal to deliver canola and never did. Where was all the pissing and moaning when Broadacress took FCC and the Scotiabank for a combined total of 22 million, now that directly affected me as both those lenders tightened up their belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                          So what, AGT has been on the teat of government and apparently he hasn't made any money. I too don't understand every one's pissing and moaning, if it doesn't directly affect you what is the problem? From what I read he signed a deal to deliver canola and never did. Where was all the pissing and moaning when Broadacress took FCC and the Scotiabank for a combined total of 22 million, now that directly affected me as both those lenders tightened up their belts.
                          This will too...This was a land play and still is....

But much like what is wrong with primary production in Saskatchewan if you can't see it with the blinders on ...it doesn't affect you....

Sort of explains why we have a chronic problem in rail transportation and lack of transparency in the grain markets...

I say we ignore issues like this and continue to the path to the lowest price and make it up on volume...sarcasm.

Because believe it or not every farmer with Input has accepted a lower price for their canola.....
                          Last edited by bucket; Jun 4, 2018, 07:37.

Comment

http://investor.inputcapital.com/news-releases/122619/ http://investor.inputcapital.com/news-releases/122619/

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              This will too...This was a land play and still is....

But much like what is wrong with primary production in Saskatchewan if you can't see it with the blinders on ...it doesn't affect you....

Sort of explains why we have a chronic problem in rail transportation and lack of transparency in the grain markets...

I say we ignore issues like this and continue to the path to the lowest price and make it up on volume...sarcasm.

Because believe it or not every farmer with Input has accepted a lower price for their canola.....
                              I am obviously dumb and need you to spell this out for me, so correct me if I am wrong, if you have a mortgage, LOC, or any sort of financing with a lending institution and you don't deliver on your end of the agreement and they exercise a judgement against your land ,your crop, or equipment, that is a land play? or is that only your opinion because it is Input Capital? I am not defending them by any means, but this guy had the ability to say no to any more money and he could have at least made an attempt to deliver some canola. I just don't see how this is a primary production problem it is just one producers problem.

Comment

Agreed Mrjade, this guy's intention from the getgo was to never deliver a single bushel of canola to Input.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...