• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one bites the dust

John Bob farm equipment, Tisdale and Outlook taken out by Rocky Mountain Equipment

So now they will sell Red and yellow?

Comment

Maybe there will be some competition for Redhead? It can't get much worse than the prices at John bob.

Comment

Talking with one of their sales this morning, hes excited because he can pull from all of their inventory now

Comment

RME nothing like a locally owned dealer. you think getting parts was hard before? its going to be worse now

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnM View Post
            Talking with one of their sales this morning, hes excited because he can pull from all of their inventory now
            It's dreamy. Parts that the local owner used to carry are now not held at all. But hey at least one of the other RME dealers can stick it on the pony Express and it'll be here in 2-3 days.

Only upside ive really seen is $50 gets the parts guy on the other end of the line any time u need him to check which direction your 1/2 ton needs to point to go get parts.

Comment

I don’t like seeing the smaller independent dealers being bought out. The service and parts availability definitely declines. Sure happy that Hergotts in Humboldt,are still an independent dealership. They provide good service and a good supply of parts. I heard complaints about the JD dealership when it changed hands from Humboldt Farm Equipment. I had dealt with them before the buyout and they were also good.

Comment

Really depends on the store. Our local Rocky Mountain Equipment store is top notch. Best in the area. Also really like that they have a larger pool of used stuff to sell.

If It was a new holland dealer, it will still only be able to sell new holland new, but pick from all the stores used.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                  I don’t like seeing the smaller independent dealers being bought out. The service and parts availability definitely declines. Sure happy that Hergotts in Humboldt,are still an independent dealership. They provide good service and a good supply of parts. I heard complaints about the JD dealership when it changed hands from Humboldt Farm Equipment. I had dealt with them before the buyout and they were also good.
                  Yes hergotts treats us very good..
                  Some complain about them..but some customers are pain to deal with where ever they go.
                  Pattison Ag now is one place we cannot buy anymore..
                  Only like the large flipper farms.

Comment

Just recently,in my neck of the woods, Ternes Sales and Service was bought out by Robertson Implements out of Swift Current. Family owned since 1965. Sad .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...