• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke and Soybeans?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke and Soybeans?

Seeing lots of soybeans turning yellow and getting ready to drop their leaves, these plants will never green up again. Seems early (August) to be at this stage already, normal would be mid to late Sept.

I'm just wondering if all this forest fire smoke and lack of sunlight could be the cause for this very early maturing?

We're not particularly short of sub soil moisture, dry on top though.

Anybody else have this thought?
    Last edited by beaverdam; Aug 21, 2018, 07:24.

soybeans need an August rain. Without it harvest will be early with very low yields .

Comment

Does late August rain help ? We have had less than 1/2” in August . Beans are hanging in there but we know 30-40% of their potential is most likely gone now after a great stand .

Comment

I have had long time Manitoba bean growers tell me that a rain can help almost right up to harvest in many years.

Comment

Any rain up to or before leaf drop definitely helps with seed size. 2 years ago yields were excellent due to a bigger heavier seed. Last year not so much. Lots of small seeds with lower protein. Rain helps!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...