• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exceptional Alberta Crops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exceptional Alberta Crops

Took a long drive from home ( west central AB) to the extreme East of AB, then south almost to Medicine Hat.

Anecdotally, crops are excellent all the way, just like the experts have been telling us, here is how I know:

Everyone had to apply PGR's like manipulator to all crops, because growing conditions were so perfect, I can tell because most crops I saw were incredibly short, probably applied multiple times. This obviously includes canola, wheat, barley, oats, sunflowers, lentils, mustard, hay, pasture, lawns, golf courses etc.

Everyone is now seeding with planters in rows, I know because you can see the rows in every type of crop right from the highway, especially canola, but also true with cereals, this high tech seeding method is guaranteed to increase yields. I assume that seeing the ground between the rows on a ripe canola crop is even better yet.

Crops that have been harvested, in spite of manipulator were still flat on the ground and had to be cut extremely low to get all the lodged crop, since the stubble is cut right at ground level.

The straw was so thick that it had to be baled and removed, so that it wouldn't choke out the next crop, Every field is being baled.

No one had to harvest around sloughs, these extra acres will undoubtedly contribute to a record yield, although, because it has been such a cool summer, I did notice that the snow has not yet melted out of most of these sloughs, as evidenced by the large white areas, that can only help next years crops when the extra moisture finally melts.

There is a very slight possibility that I have drawn the wrong conclusions from the irrefutable evidence, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 24, 2018, 06:10.

Your powers of observation exceeded only by your analytic ability.
    Thank you.

Comment

Now that was funny Alberta5

That's like listening all day yesterday in Saskatchewan on News Talk Radio.

They talked to a usual farmer from the Westside.

Yea its the best quality ever, They report this. Farmers are so happy, They report this.

Lower yield They just bounce over and keep talking about the quality.

WTF you morons my 16.8 protein wheat is worth no different than the 11.5 last year.

Feed is way better to worry about than malt because the malt guys don't give a shit because whats out is good.

So WTF does Quality have to do with Profit.

But instead of talking about yield and money in a farmers pocket they tell the City people its awesome quality.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Took a long drive from home ( west central AB) to the extreme East of AB, then south almost to Medicine Hat.

Anecdotally, crops are excellent all the way, just like the experts have been telling us, here is how I know:

Everyone had to apply PGR's like manipulator to all crops, because growing conditions were so perfect, I can tell because most crops I saw were incredibly short, probably applied multiple times. This obviously includes canola, wheat, barley, oats, sunflowers, lentils, mustard, hay, pasture, lawns, golf courses etc.

Everyone is now seeding with planters in rows, I know because you can see the rows in every type of crop right from the highway, especially canola, but also true with cereals, this high tech seeding method is guaranteed to increase yields. I assume that seeing the ground between the rows on a ripe canola crop is even better yet.

Crops that have been harvested, in spite of manipulator were still flat on the ground and had to be cut extremely low to get all the lodged crop, since the stubble is cut right at ground level.

The straw was so thick that it had to be baled and removed, so that it wouldn't choke out the next crop, Every field is being baled.

No one had to harvest around sloughs, these extra acres will undoubtedly contribute to a record yield, although, because it has been such a cool summer, I did notice that the snow has not yet melted out of most of these sloughs, as evidenced by the large white areas, that can only help next years crops when the extra moisture finally melts.

There is a very slight possibility that I have drawn the wrong conclusions from the irrefutable evidence, but I doubt it.
        the science is settled

Comment

Thats a crop report I can understand....funny yet very informative....a positive spin on bad result....

AF5 are you thinking of getting into politics....

Comment

Official crop tour report noted. Market drop assured, ABC - always bumper crop

Comment

A few more observations

Second and/or third cut of hay must have just finished everywhere at once, since the next regrowth has hardly started yet.

I never realized how much Kochia acres have expanded in recent years, looks like a bumper crop, although the manipulator doesn't seem to have been very effective on it. Still very green and actively growing, kochia harvest will be late, but yield should be tremendous.

Harvest is early and much ahead of schedule, this will help quality.

Comment

Alberta, you forgot to mention how the grain companies and railways are gearing up to handle the big crop. We need to sell early to ensure its gets moved in time. Should be selling every bushel off the combine.

Comment

Canada, the walmart of grains/oilseeds where the LOWEST PRICE is the law.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...