• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temperature

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature

4 degrees yikes!

6 here @ 11:30. We are pretty much out of the woods here for frost damage. But a hard enough frost would blacken/darken a few flax seeds, then bye bye milling market unless there isn't much better around.

Comment

Maybe the clouds rolling in from the west will save people from frost.

Comment

I hope so lots of green canola around here yet....might as well have a whiskey I won't sleep anyway.

Comment

Does anyone monitor the Brix levels of their crops or know of anyone that does ?

Comment

Frost for us now would just cause a headache in fall spraying. If it was a hard frost and because its dry all thistle foxtail etc would just die off and fall spraying would do jack shit.

For the crops in our area only green one is the greenfeed seeded June 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Frost for us now would just cause a headache in fall spraying. If it was a hard frost and because its dry all thistle foxtail etc would just die off and fall spraying would do jack shit.
              Retailers and Chem reps won't tell you that .....the lying ****ers. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                Does anyone monitor the Brix levels of their crops or know of anyone that does ?
                Have not been monitoring full scale yet but just testing here and there before and after some foliars . Hopefully get right into it next year. You can definitely see where the higher the brix the higher the yields and of course much lower disease levels.
                To me it’s one of the most important factors in crop development but virtually no one in Main stream Ag even knows much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Have not been monitoring full scale yet but just testing here and there before and after some foliars . Hopefully get right into it next year. You can definitely see where the higher the brix the higher the yields and of course much lower disease levels.
                  To me it’s one of the most important factors in crop development but virtually no one in Main stream Ag even knows much about it.
                  A healthy, high Brix crop doesn’t sell crop protection products very well.
                  Everybody knows you can’t grow a crop without fertilizer and protection products. The world would starve.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                    Everybody knows you can’t grow a crop without fertilizer and protection products. The world would starve.
                    I will defer to my last post about retailers and chem reps...

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                      We did quite a bit of testing on forages we were grazing, got a handle on it now so usually don't bother testing - can taste a bit of alfalfa and get an idea where it is. Pet peeve with Brix testing is where do you get a garlic press that doesn't break when you dry to squeeze moisture out of grass? I've broken about 6 of them and the wife gets mad when I steal hers!

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                        Yes that is very true , it is quite the gig they have going . They all want to sell high inputs and not one offers brix testing. Most don’t even know what it is.
                        So many get duped into high end fertility and fungicide and totally don’t know brix levels. They have a lot on the high input treadmill.

Comment

Interesting where do I find more info

Comment

Thank you for that heads up on Brix testing....i learned something today...very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Interesting where do I find more info

answer: GOOGLE

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...