• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today’s rain delay ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today’s rain delay ...

Will most likely put us back 3 more days. Had rain Saturday as well.
    Last year this time we were close to 2/3rd done .
    The whole NW sask is at less than 10% now.
    It’s happened before , makes for long October harvest. Just hope that the HRSW does not lose much quality. As feed grains might start a serious decline .
    Could be a lot of feed grains available by the end of September.

According to Western producer there may be a shortage of feed grains....there is a shortage of hay...so feed grains might not go too low.

I was looking at 1cwad for 6.80 and the next screen at the elevator said garbage 10ppm fusarium durum was 6.23....

**** the durum it can wait....if I bring in 2cwad ...I am only 15 cents off the garbage stuff....

I don't know why we are forced to pay for R&D into newer varieties when no one wants to pay for or want better quality....

57 cents a bushel isn't much of a premium from garbage to 1cwad... is it????/

Comment

The difference between a 1 and 2 at our Cargill is .03 cents I think so if it holds your good. Three I think will drop in price.

good luck our tank is dry we have had 2.3 mm in last 43 days. once all the hrs is off it can rain on canola ill be ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        The difference between a 1 and 2 at our Cargill is .03 cents I think so if it holds your good. Three I think will drop in price.

good luck our tank is dry we have had 2.3 mm in last 43 days. once all the hrs is off it can rain on canola ill be ok with that.
        Are you talking wheat or durum?

discount 1cwad to 2cwad is 40 cents....

Comment

Is it ok to wish you good "luck" furrow?

We are onto our Nexera canola but it is just dry. Seeing that I have to store it til next summer I would like it a point or two drier. And it may not be actually 100% "cured" dry. Its not like it was over dry and rewetted by rain. So putting marginally cured dry canola in longterm storage for 10 months doesn't really appeal to me. Aeration or not.

Shit showers are also in the forecast here as well.

Edit in, I bet there's some Producers who think I'm crazy because they would take any opportunity to put "dry" grain in the bin. #1- we're sandbox farmers, #2- its Sept 3. My biggest risk right now is a Ghetto blaster wind.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 3, 2018, 07:16.

Comment

Furrow

Wouldn't frost be a bigger concern?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Furrow

Lerner sent out a freeze advisory, like there's anything that can be done about it!

Comment

If your specialty oil canola has to be stored long term be very careful. Touchy if not properly aged and cooled. Our experience anyway

1.05 inches rain in the last 44 days. Not supposed to pick up much today but do expect to be shut down this afternoon or early evening

34% done

Comment

Furrow

For some yup , but over 50% of the crop here is mature enough to handle frost now.
                  S/F, the spread is narrow now , but most likely will change a lot when harvest gets into full swing . I hope not but it most likely will .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    For some yup , but over 50% of the crop here is mature enough to handle frost now.
                    S/F, the spread is narrow now , but most likely will change a lot when harvest gets into full swing . I hope not but it most likely will .
                    what is the spread on durum grades ...your way???

Comment

Thanks for the heads up one oh one. This is our first attempt at Nexera.

Comment

what is the spread on durum grades ...your way???
                        Not sure , very little Durum grown in this area for obvious reasons . Some have had good luck with it but generally grade takes a huge hit here. The past threes years would have been good tho.

Comment

The pigs in china thank you for producing such a super high quality durum product.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                            If your specialty oil canola has to be stored long term be very careful. Touchy if not properly aged and cooled. Our experience anyway

1.05 inches rain in the last 44 days. Not supposed to pick up much today but do expect to be shut down this afternoon or early evening

34% done
                            x2 on the specialty canola.

Comment

Moisture last 5 out of 6 days. Did a little peas last night, will be stopped for a couple days now. Risk of frost tonight, canola and wet wheat wont need that. Very little harvest done around here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...