• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today’s rain delay ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It started raining here too as soon as we put a combine in the field little rain just about every day not enough for the grass and to much for the combiners .started drying grain yesterday.

Comment

Not good news for some

Comment

I m surprised driving through many areas just how much green canola and very little canary seed and whatj is there is grass green. I didnt think was seeded that late did the smoke delay maturity?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          I m surprised driving through many areas just how much green canola and very little canary seed and whatj is there is grass green. I didnt think was seeded that late did the smoke delay maturity?
          Smoke delayed maturity big time in northern areas , that combined with second growth from earlier hot dry weather set the stage for right now.
          Mother Nature doin her thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Canary crops are few and far between and what Ive seen is mostly brutal. But who keeps birds anyway?

Sure dont hear much about the human consumption market these days. Past the gluten free hump?
            Last edited by biglentil; Sep 3, 2018, 12:18.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Canary crops are few and far between and what Ive seen is mostly brutal. But who keeps birds anyway?

Sure dont hear much about the human consumption market these days. Past the gluten free hump?

Gotta wonder where the check-off goes, eh?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Interesting, fairly straight foreword graphics show reality.

Comment

Back to the rain delay ... pulse crops will not be fun to combine now with wet ground . Peas mostly standing well still , but will make for very short harvest days when it does clear up .
                      Did not need this last rain at all here .
                      Ironic to even say that after this summer lol.

Comment

We have a little rain shower almost every day so its really hard getting anything done.

Swathing a half section of wheat that is green with second growth to hopefully help get less damage from a frost.

Comment

I ordered a set of these for the header today .....

Might need to upgrade the alternator tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            I ordered a set of these for the header today .....

Might need to upgrade the alternator tho lol
                            That would be sadistic torture for me!!!!!
                            Wind is my nemesis.
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 4, 2018, 00:04.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...