• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Mcdonalds statue by the lefties

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Mcdonalds statue by the lefties

Thought I'd paste and post this article from a BC MP. I think it needs our attention.

David Hunt is a very young MP, his website is here: https://votedavidhunt.com

That said, his submissions below both on John A MacDonald and the idea of lifting the Citizenship requirement fo rthe Canadian Armed Forces are very good submissions. Read on:

>
    >
    > A young Conservative MP candidate for Cloverdale - Langley City named David Hunt wrote the following on the subject of Sir John A.'s statue and the Canadian military:
    >
    > “Know from whence you came. If you know whence you came, there are absolutely no limitations to where you can go.”
    >
    > The Mayor of Victoria would do well to consider these words from the late novelist, James Baldwin, before removing Sir John A. MacDonald's statue from City Hall.
    > You've likely seen the story in the news, so let's get straight to it.
    >
    > The Dominion of Canada would not exist without the poor immigrant boy who would one day become our Father of Confederation. No nation is more indebted to its original leader. Even his fiercest rivals said that Canada could not have been formed without him. According to Sir Wilfrid Laurier, the history of Canada's beginning, from 1844 to 1891, was the story of our founder -- Sir John A. MacDonald.
    >
    > To judge the man by today's standard is to misjudge him: unjustly taking his life and work out of context.
    >
    > Consider the world in which MacDonald lived. His political career ran parallel to some of history's greatest racial and territorial conflicts.
    >
    > In 1844, when MacDonald was first elected, racial slavery in the Deep South was near its peak. The infamous Trail of Tears was still in progress; displacing thousands of Indigenous peoples from their land, in a manner unfathomable to British North Americans (i.e. Canadians). Texas was an independent nation. California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah were a part of Mexico. The states of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, although dominated by American settlers, were still well within British territory.
    >
    > Manifest Destiny was in full swing: the American belief that control of the entire North American continent, by any means necessary (no matter how bloody or ruthless), was the United States' "destiny".
    >
    > In Europe, nations were not merely divided by language and culture. No, in their limited exposure to diverse peoples and cultures, the English and Germans and Italians and French, etc. considered themselves not one European race but many different races. Racism, although evil, was normal.
    >
    > In Japan, foreigners were outright forbidden. In India, caste prejudice condemned millions to a lifetime of hopeless poverty. In Mexico, Peru, and throughout Central and South America, racism and Indigenous persecution tormented entire people groups in ways unimaginable to 19th century British North Americans.
    >
    > Brazil, with the worst record of all, had more than ten times the number of African slaves and would hold on to this accursed practice 23 years longer than the United States.
    >
    > This was the world in which MacDonald lived.
    >
    > By 1865, the U.S. had crushed half its own states, conquered a considerable portion of Mexico, annexed Texas, opened Japan up to trade and foreign influence by bombarding its ports, won much of the Pacific Northwest through intimidation and the threat of war with British North America, and violently ended slavery by sacrificing a million lives -- in sharp contrast to Canada, where the first and final abolition laws had peaceably been in place 71 years and 31 years, respectively. (Britain, France, and others ended slavery without civil war.)
    >
    > Although our history is messy and full of humanity's depravity -- as is the history of every nation, people, and culture -- we, and our great Father of Confederation, were far more peaceful, tolerant, and humble than our international peers.
    >
    >
    > British North America -- although rural, rugged, and isolated -- was the freest country in the world at that time, even before Confederation. Neither Brits nor Americans enjoyed the spectrum of political and economic liberties we enjoyed. We were still a long ways from universal suffrage, but we were well ahead of the rest of the world in pursuing and providing opportunity and representation for all Canadians.
    >
    > So then why was Confederation necessary?
    >
    > On March 30, 1867, a heavily militarized and unquenchably imperialistic United States purchased Alaska from Russia, taking control of the entire 1,518,800 square-kilometre northwestern tip of the continent.
    >
    > We were to be next.
    >
    > The Empire made it clear that, if the U.S. wanted war (which was likely), she had no intention of defending her remaining fragmented and underdeveloped North American colonies.
    >
    > The situation was dire. Only one man could unite the diverse provinces, and had he failed in his task, it is almost certain Canada would have been absorbed by the United States.
    >
    > More than any other early Canadian, we have Sir John A. MacDonald to thank for Canada -- and the freedom, order, and good governance that has led to 150 years of peace and prosperity. Was he perfect? Of course not! Is Canada? We, too, still have a long ways to go. But, despite our faults and past wrongs, our nation and founder are worth honouring -- and remembering. But let us remember Sir John A. MacDonald rightly: judging him in context, not from the arrogant and all-too-convenient luxury of hindsight.
    > In his own words: "We are a great country, and shall become one of the greatest in the universe if we preserve it. [But] we shall sink into insignificance and adversity if we suffer it to be broken."
    >
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > Conservative MP, David Hunt, has also gone after Prime Minister Trudeau in regards to the current state of the Canadian Forces:
    >
    > The CBC reported on Friday, May 25th: "Canada's military is considering lifting a longstanding citizenship requirement as a way to boost its numbers."
    >
    > No, Mr. Prime Minister, we do not want mercenaries in our Armed Forces to make up for the lack of recruits.
    >
    > It is not surprising why young Canadians are not joining the Force.
    > When you remove from our beloved national anthem the reference to the 60,849 brave Canadian sons who died and the additional 172,000 sons wounded in the Great War, you tell patriotic Canadians not to enlist.
    >
    > When you welcome convicted terrorists "home", and give them more respect and attention than you give disabled Canadian veterans, you tell patriotic Canadians not to enlist.
    > When you lack the courage to see through a court case and choose instead to award millions of dollars to a terrorist, but tell veterans you cannot afford to fulfill your campaign promise to give them a standard disability and benefits program, you tell patriotic Canadians not to enlist.
    >
    > When you then appoint a former attorney of this terrorist to be a judge, you insult the 159 dead and 1,859 wounded brave Canadians who fought in Afghanistan to defend us from such militants, and tell patriotic Canadians not to enlist.
    >
    > When you encourage record numbers of illegal immigrants, you tell patriotic Canadians that you believe our borders are not worth defending -- so don't bother enlisting!
    >
    > When you "equip" our air force with 30-year-old Australian hand-me-down jets, you tell patriotic Canadians that you believe we are not a serious military -- don't enlist!
    >
    > And when you, Mr. Prime Minister, claim Canada is "postnational" and has "no core identity", you belittle the true patriot love we sing of, and tell Canadians not to enlist.
    >
    > No, we do not want to pay foreigners to defend our nation. We want to see pride restored in our military.
    >
    > If we need more recruits -- which we do -- how about we begin by honouring the current, retired, disabled, and deceased men and women of our Armed Forces.
    >
    > Let's honour them by equipping them with the very best, paying them a respectable wage, compensating those who face disability, caring for those in retirement (and their families), and remembering those who have fallen.
    >
    > Our military spending is currently less than half of what we agreed to invest in our Armed Forces as a member of NATO.
    >
    > Restoring our military budget, restoring respect and honour for our troops, and restoring the timeless principles that made us great, will attract to the Force those who still believe in true patriot love: Those who still believe in Canada.
    >
    >
    >

Hmmm . Seems like this young fella has a lot of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Hmmm . Seems like this young fella has a lot of common sense.
      In comparison to the dolt that heads up the Liberal party, a statue would have more sense.

This MP has likely forgotten more than sock boy ever knew and doubtlessly far more qualified to run the country.

Comment

Throw Macdonald in the bay. That's where he belongs. He hung Riel. He needs to sleep with the fishes

Comment

Disagree Braveheart, but it was a different day:

http://www.cbc.ca/history/EPCONTENTSE1EP9CH2PA4LE.html

Comment

As an alienated westerner, I'm not sure if we should be celebrating MacDonalds accomplishments, or mourning them. Yes, his efforts led to western Canada eventually being apart of Canada, the alternative is that we would have become states within the US, most likely peacefully and willingly. Whoever could have provided a railroad, law and order and services first would have been embraced by most.

Who thinks that we would be having these conversations about pipelines, railroads, carbon taxes etc. right now if MacDonald hadn't accomplished uniting the country? Personally, I can't think of a downside to the alternative that could have been( and probably will be one day in the future). We live in a country whose only claim to legitimacy is being anti-American.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Personally, I can't think of a downside to the alternative that could have been( and probably will be one day in the future).
              I can - having Donald Trump as our leader.

Maybe replace the statue with the golden arches McDonalds instead to symbolize our sell out to corporate America lol.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                I can - having Donald Trump as our leader.

Maybe replace the statue with the golden arches McDonalds instead to symbolize our sell out to corporate America lol.
                Maybe not, most Canadian conservatives would be closer to democrats if we were south of the border, we might just have tipped to balance and Trump would not be in power?

Comment

I like him already. I believe he is just the conservative candidate not the MP for Langley. It is held by a liberal, hopefully David has a chance come next election but might be pretty steep battle in that area.

Comment

So are we going to go all the way back in history and erase everyone that does not fit into today’s ideal society? Seriously?
                    Times have changed get over it.
                    There are many things natives did back in the day that were not “honourable” either .. guaranteed Louise Riel did .. so do we Erase his name too , or the leaders of native bands back in the day that ordered scalpings ?? Of course not , that’s part of history good , bad or otherwise that none of us can change ... but can learn from , but not erase from history . There are many proud natives that honour not so honourable native from the past ... so be it , good for them . To vilify people from the past on what we do today is like a dog chasing it’s tail.... it would never end with finger pointing depending on the view .
                    To me this whole thing is ridiculous from all sides .

Comment

It's all part of the bad white people horseshit that I ve had enough of. Same with This bullshit of this is treaty 6 land ya and so why don't we hear this stadium was paid for by the working people of this province. And we re paying for kids to go to school for free while our own some can't even afford. You don't hear about that.
                      No one in my family has ever done any of these things to Indians. I get along great with many. I don't need to know Indian culture I like my own they can have theirs no one is stopping them we white peolple have given everyone that right as it should be. Plain and simply stop feeling sorry for your self and blaming everyone you can think of for the shot that is going on with you right now.

I agree furrow those were differnt days different times. There are many loser Indians of the past as there are whites. Are there not some Indians cheating the tribes out of treaty money while they live like kings? Are there not Indians killling Indians? Are there not Indians raping their kids? Hear that every day on the news. Nobody is forcing those to do that. That's a problem that has to be solved within. If you want to be your own nation then take care of those problems. But while your part of ours your going to get charged for those crimes and then you blame us for the high crime rate. Sorry start taking responsibility for your actions like many of you already do but lots more need to.
                      The answer is not a free check in the mail it's get out and be someone respectable contribute to the whole society we ll both be better for it. That's how you'll earn my respects s I'll go out of my way should you need help then. But it has to start with you.jmo!

Comment

The first nations are trying to hold the country hostage now that our government has given them power and defined them as thier own nation. They aren’t stuards of the land, all reservations around here are a dump, litter everywhere. They start grass fires constantly, every house has a burning barrel. They shoot and wildlife that dares show itself, wild dog population cleans it up fast. What a load of crap that they are worried about the pipeline, they all just want there palms greesed with cash and then it will all be ok. Our country is loosing control of itself, soon we will all be paying the local reserve so we dont get our crops and houses burned. Wont be long till Canada is a total corrupt country in fact it might be there already.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                          soon we will all be paying the local reserve so we dont get our crops and houses burned. Wont be long till Canada is a total corrupt country in fact it might be there already.
                          Already there, this has been happening in the oil industry for years. Extortion is a cost of business in many areas of Alberta.

Comment

What a load of crap that they are worried about the pipeline, they all just want there palms greesed with cash and then it will all be ok.

I thought the same as soon as I heard the court decision... politicians either use an iron fist OR send cheques to prevent unrest...they chose. We are afraid, same as the illegal border crossing poor.

Comment

Well we don't want to offend the United Nations by being such a bad country and not listening to all these con artists looking for free money and when we can't develop like we should as a nation they look to us to send millions to other countries that don't have developments either. How about looking at how hard it's becoming for re people that actually work in this country to continue making a living while supporting the ones that don't. We re saying we'll continue the support but give us the opportunity to do so. How stupid!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...