• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on the Nike ad with Colin Kaepernick?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black powder , you and Trump are deliberately changing the subject.
    the guys protest was nothing to do with being patriotic or the sacrifices of soldiers .

and everyone knows that .

it was about police brutality right from the start.

it is the same nonsense that if you are anti war , any war
    Iraq / Vietnam
    that some how you are not patriotic or do not love your country . which is BS

how is wanting change in what you think is wrong is somehow unpatriotic.

Comment

So when Kapernick et al protest, do they include the black people gunned down by other black people. I mean black gang/gun thugs are gunning down blacks every day but does anyone marxh in the streets over that? Take a knee because the Bloods shot up a black household?

Comment

Perhaps MLK knew how to protest without touching patriotism.
        Something neither Kaepernicks followers nor Trumps know how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
          Angry old white guys may not buy a shit tonne of Nike products but they do buy season tickets. The league is gonna take it on the chin. It blows my mind that there's nothing that can't be politicized. Idk about most people but i don't turn on TSN to watch CNN. I turn on sports to get away from the bull shit in the world. I get politics in my kids sports.... oh the drama. I'm just getting to the point i don't give a **** about politics, human rights and all this bullshit I'm told I'm supposed to care about. If athletes want to do this on their own, the sky's the limit. Otherwise YouTube is gonna be my channel of choice. At least i can pick content.
          Good point. North Amercan society is so comfortable now our values have been eroded down to politicizing consumer goods and habits. A true deflection from the fundamentals of life.
          I never really cared for politics and never allowed it to interfere with living in my life until last year when a farm helper tried to paint me with a political identity/attitude because he was of slightly contrasting values.

Comment

I find it odd that the same person has seem to have brought up this same topic about 3 times now on a commodity marketing discussion board?

What is gained by this discussion regarding a desperate washed up unpatriotic player seeking $$$?

Comment

Political branding can be good or bad.You must know who is buying your stuff.Ivanka Trump shut her high end clothing line down cause the typical Trump supporter were Rural type.Not the type with the kind of income needed to buy her clothes.Some how I think Nike is much smarter in marketing than she was though.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                Political branding can be good or bad.You must know who is buying your stuff.Ivanka Trump shut her high end clothing line down cause the typical Trump supporter were Rural type.Not the type with the kind of income needed to buy her clothes.Some how I think Nike is much smarter in marketing than she was though.
                Likewise. Think Nike may be onto the mood of the demographic who buys their crap. A few white guys burning them on YouTube is paltry compared to those who probably support this jack wagon. Trump is a stupid ass but so is this Kaper what the hell his name is prick. If he truly wants young folks not to get shot or beat down by cops then donate his time and money to teach inner city youth to read and write, do psa’s about keeping drug free etc. Didn’t see Shaq or Michael Jordan taking a knee. They were role models to young people. That is the role of sports stars to be role models. This guy and Nike are just out to sell more shoes. They can go screw themselves.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...