• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat

From AAFC pricing page (via Weber subscription)...
    St. Lawrence asking #1-13.5 CWRS....$344.16/tonne($9.37/bu)
    West Coast asking #1-13.5 CWRS....$314.51/tonne($8.56/bu)

MGEX $5.64 USD/bu X 1.3 FX....$7.33 CAD

How does this compare to your local bids?

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    How does this compare to your local bids?
    Can you see durum pricing?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Can you see durum pricing?
      No quotes for durum out of the St.Lawrence for the last three weeks.

West Coast, #1-13.0 px CWAD $352.91/tonne($9.60/bu)

Comment

What I find interesting is the difference between St. Lawrence and West Coast asking for spring wheat. A thirty dollar per tonne difference for the same week. How accurate is the reporting?

Comment

Just curious, whats the per bu when rail and elevation rates are backed out?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Just curious, whats the per bu when rail and elevation rates are backed out?
            ....Exactly, back in the old days, before the open market, we were paying about $1.60ish per bushel from my part of Western Canada. Has there been any efficiency gains in freight or handling since? What about blending spreads...rhetorical question because we know who pockets those.

Maybe bucket càn chime in on transparency.

Comment

Looks like a minus 3 dollar basis on durum

Comment

Somehow the elevators paid trucking premiums out of the $1.60 deduction? But what was the initial starting number? Asking is like MSRP on vehicles etc, double actual cash$$ Lots of winners, not farmers of course.

Comment

Very few ag commodities that leave this continent by truck, then rail then ship are hardly worth growing unless you are hitting the 50+ consistently.

$9.60 at vancouver less $3 for freight/elevation, less another few bucks for inputs/land rent etc. and not much coming back into producer pockets.

At least canola gets crushed first. Maybe all our pulses should be getting turned to flour first.

Why do some commodities go out on shipping container and others on rail? If a shipping container of lentils can go to the coast on truck, why cant a load of wheat?
                  Last edited by jazz; Sep 13, 2018, 12:07.

Comment

Jazz, I'm too lazy to look it up but what is the volume of wheat and durum shipped versus peas and lentils?

In recent years yellow peas and red lentils(maybe not when they were 40+ cents per pound but cargo ships were loaded ) have earned the glorious distinction of joining the cheap bulk commodity class. Probably some other classes of pulses too.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      Farma I see a shrivelled kernel with the magnifying glass !
                      One fusarium tombstone kernel! Feed for sure

Comment

Good eye wiseguy, you must have worked at the grading desk of a GrainCo in a past life. I was waiting for a comment about that kernel. And I never put it there on purpose either.

Fj, that is 407-413 g/half liter feed wheat! Px ranges from 13.6 to 14.4....should be some happy "pigs"....Lol!

Comment

Lets start calling wiseguy. .

Tweezers....lol

Comment

The price of wheat around here is only 0.00082000 BTC/bu right now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...