• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think were turning the corner

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a little luck some land might fall into your lap Farma...you just need to believe.

You know some guys carry around a shoulder angel on one side and shoulder devil on the other. Long ago I kicked off the pessimistic, angry shoulder devil and now i carry a lucky elf on one shoulder and I kept the angel on the other (Keeps my wife on her toes).

Good luck elves are out there...just keep checking under green trees or occasionally under an S series John Deere - they like all the seeds left behind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twogood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	766732

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      Sundogs usually means cold and that is what the forecast shows
      maybe it will be a "dry cold" lol
      I see it rained again last night , even with the full moon shining bright
      Hope those sun dogs kick in soon

Comment

Furrow we could not buy a rain all summer
        actually a nice day here today , only to start raining hard again tonight
        as your radar shows .
        I am not sure if melting snow with rain is progress

as dry as the ground is at least it should keep sucking the moisture up.
        digging rock yesterday on pea stubble , , 3-5 inches of wet dirt , then bone dry
        down at least 8 feet , then you see a little again .
        Last edited by sawfly1; Sep 25, 2018, 05:42.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
          Furrow we could not buy a rain all summer
          actually a nice day here today , only to start raining hard again tonight
          as your radar shows .
          I am not sure if melting snow with rain is progress
          Ya it’s beyond words now
          We caught just the north edge of that rain , had lite shower.
          Some guys were trying in the Edam area where they have had little or no snow. Canola was in the 13-14 range
          Some wheat tried in the Meota area , but wet and going straight to drier.
          Scared to see grain quality now .
          Guys will be trying today here locally, will be interesting. Me thinks nothing under 20-25 here yet . Crops are much wetter in areas that had that heavy snow .... or two or three🤒.
          Areas with little snow or just rain the past 10 days not too bad .

Comment

Lol A4A... Sometimes we have to make our own luck! Funny thing is I actually already feel lucky, question is do I "need" more or just enjoy the luck I have.

Comment

Other investments have done way better than land the last few years.

But if you're in Lotto Max country were farmland is trading for 500000 plus a quarter or higher. Sell don't buy you fools. Because guess what that isn't realistic.

The land will reset so the big opportunity is just around the corner.

Then buy.

Three times in our farms lifetime land has dropped.

Yea boys it happens you just have to know when its time.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                [ATTACH]3400[/ATTACH]
                Shes a real beauty , canary is dry.
                Life is good , maybe , lol
                Nice. Was up that way couple times last week and sky would clear between peesane and arborfield . Definitely getting the better end of the weather pattern. Haven't turned a wheel in 2 weeks piddly showers almost daily or overnight.

Comment

I think the missing apostrophe in the title was an omen. Perhaps in the past tense we did turn the corner, but it didn't last long, we have today supposed to be sunny and mid teens, with chance of showers this morning, after showers and hail yesterday, then back to rain and snow for the rest of the forecast. I plan to enjoy the corner while it lasts though.

Comment

Think i was being to optimistic , a guys gotta watch that!
                    Rained a little about 3 hours after i posted it

Comment

Yep we're turning a corner alright. The corner of end of September beginning of October just around the bend.
                      Then bend over for more goodness to come our way.

Comment

Looks like it yup.

Comment

3/10" over night...really dried up after one half sunny day...

Comment

Basically missed the rain this morning got a mist but north of us water all over

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              3/10" over night...really dried up after one half sunny day...
                              yea here too
                              nice moon it was though
                              yea our yard finally dried yesterday , wet again
                              so much for the sun dog theory , lol

Comment

Went out and did a "were turning the corner" test... 21+. Rained me out. Forecast is for on again off again shit for the next few days.

Forecast always seems to hang a carrot that a window will open up, but it never ever seems to materialize.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...