• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Thank you notes

Thank you to the CGC for gifting the graincos a 50 cent per bushel on Dark northern varieties which are technically CWRS varieties and they have quite a while to clear them....

Thank you to Saskwheat for not noticing the corruption...

Thank you to the railways for being behind already this year even with a slowdown in deliveries to give them an opportunity to catch up...

Thank you for everyone like quorum and CN recognizing they had issues last year...a year after the fact.

Thank you to Scott Moe for signing many deals in China to move our oversupply of grains...

Thank you for saskpulse for taking their checkoffs from my cheques and not doing a ****ing thing

Thank you to the federal ag minister for funding scientists to another 70 million this week....at the current rate of money into R$D there will be more scientists than farmers.

Thank you to the Manitoba government for setting the precedent for paying for the football stadiums....coming soon to a province near you....
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 28, 2018, 08:38.

I understand it is the grain Co's that are canceling orders to the tune of 1000 cars a week not the RR. Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
      I understand it is the grain Co's that are canceling orders to the tune of 1000 cars a week not the RR. Is that right?
      Probably...
      Why not keep the system plugged so they don't have to pay up for dry good quality grain in the south....

Plus why fill the 2mmt of boats at the west coast or fill the port facilities

Comment

Are the graincos canceling orders while they wait for the northern areas to be harvested and available to blend with the great quality already in the bins in the south? Our area is 95% harvested, mostly beans and a little canola left.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
          Are the graincos canceling orders while they wait for the northern areas to be harvested and available to blend with the great quality already in the bins in the south? Our area is 95% harvested, mostly beans and a little canola left.
          The ports can blend it...and if the prairies move it then there is time and space to dry it....

Sitting plugged on the prairies is stupid.....

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
            Locally I think they are pretty empty, only 20% or so harvested here so nobody is selling other than contracted stuff.

Bucket somewhat agree that they should be moving while capacity is there but by the same token of your feet bins and chem sheds are empty is it right for them to expect you to buy inputs if you have room to take it. Free market comes with the good and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
              Locally I think they are pretty empty, only 20% or so harvested here so nobody is selling other than contracted stuff.

Bucket somewhat agree that they should be moving while capacity is there but by the same token of your feet bins and chem sheds are empty is it right for them to expect you to buy inputs if you have room to take it. Free market comes with the good and bad.
              The boats are at the west coast for a reason....they don't show up unannounced...

I will not store fertilizer and the input thing is retarded ....I don't prebuy vehicles because I might need one in eight months...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I will not store fertilizer and the input thing is retarded ....I don't prebuy vehicles because I might need one in eight months...
                Like like like.

Comment

I am not sure what is wrong with guys ....when auto dealers lots are full the discount shows up...they are still making money at employee pricing ...but thats when they sell vehicles....

When the fertilizer sheds are full they will have to drop the price....why enable them from filling them...

There is nothing saying fertilizer should rise...natural gas isn't moving higher is it????

Comment

Thank you to the CGC for gifting the graincos a 50 cent per bushel on Dark northern varieties which are technically CWRS varieties and they have quite a while to clear them....

Thank you to Saskwheat for not noticing the corruption...

Thank you to the railways for being behind already this year even with a slowdown in deliveries to give them an opportunity to catch up...

Thank you for everyone like quorum and CN recognizing they had issues last year...a year after the fact.

Thank you to Scott Moe for signing many deals in China to move our oversupply of grains...

Thank you for saskpulse for taking their checkoffs from my cheques and not doing a ****ing thing

Thank you to the federal ag minister for funding scientists to another 70 million this week....at the current rate of money into R$D there will be more scientists than farmers.

Thank you to the Manitoba government for setting the precedent for paying for the football stadiums....coming soon to a province near you....
                    I didnt know we had a federal ag minister ??
                    I called saskpulse. Their big drive is to grow more bushels, nuts???
                    Asked them if anyone has challenged tgem in ciurt about not being able to get stolen money back ? Answer was no?
                    Pretty much couldnt care less if thats their priorities right now ?

Sask pulse. Call them 306-668-5556

Comment

A big thank you to all liberals for supporting a total idiot in Ottawa.

Thanks to Trump calling out our fools in Ottawa and Freeland for being totally incompetent
                      Thanks to Mother Nature for the awsome fall weather

Thanks to touques and hoodies and bunny hugs
                      Thanks to mitts in September
                      Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Sep 28, 2018, 10:57.

Comment

Where are you going to store it at port???

Our west coast facilities are designed for just in time delivery and a shipping and receiving mechanism orchestrated by a central body.

Compare one of Canadas west coast ports (first pic)

With a random bunge facility in Argentina that is designed to hold crop until the sales are made and the ships show up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180125_124226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	766755

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180125_125111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	766756

Completely different strategies, not saying right or wrong but that's why they aren't filling ports...

And our grain companies know how much poor grain is out there... They can't sell all the good stuff because nobody will buy just the poor crop later...

Also seems like no farmer deliveries. Trucking is very slow. Even the Mills in Saskatoon where you usually had lineups are drive in dump and leave.

Comment

2.00 mmt of boats waiting for product is a really good place to put grain....

Comment

2.00 mmt of boats waiting for product is a really good place to put grain....
                            Wonder if there is any demurage being paid on those boats. Is there any transparency on when they were due and what they were to be loaded with by whom?
                            Also got price offer from one Co for #2 OR BETTER Durum is this going to be the new norm?

Comment

Its pretty much priced as a 5cwad or better now....

Good thing we have research into higher quality when no one wants it..

Mid august you could have priced a 5cwad with 10ppm fuzz for more money than a 1cwad is worth now....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...