• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to the rapidly growing awareness of the consumer driving a positive direction to future sustainable food production without glyphosate

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
      Thank you to the rapidly growing awareness of the consumer driving a positive direction to future sustainable food production without glyphosate
      The interesting thing is the consumer wants to dictate farming practices but doesn't want to pay the cost of doing so , and they don't want to starve, or pay more for food....

They sort of get their cake and eat it too...

And yet, when the Westons steal billions through price fixing ( while Westons blame farmers for the increase because of higher grain prices) the consumer does SFA but take their token 25 dollar gift card...

Some consumers are supposed to be smart people...lawyers, doctors, accountants and they all buy into the nonsense.

Comment

[QUOTE=caseih;390731]I didnt know we had a federal ag minister ??
        I called saskpulse. Their big drive is to grow more bushels, nuts???
        Asked them if anyone has challenged tgem in ciurt about not being able to get stolen money back ? Answer was no?
        Pretty much couldnt care less if thats their priorities right now ?

Sask pulse. Call them 306-668-5556

Sask Pulse needs a wake-up call 📣

Comment

[QUOTE=sumdumguy;390784]
          Originally posted by caseih View Post
          I didnt know we had a federal ag minister ??
          I called saskpulse. Their big drive is to grow more bushels, nuts???
          Asked them if anyone has challenged tgem in ciurt about not being able to get stolen money back ? Answer was no?
          Pretty much couldnt care less if thats their priorities right now ?

Sask pulse. Call them 306-668-5556

Sask Pulse needs a wake-up call 📣
          I do call saskpulse....over a year ago when the tariffs were put in place from India ...I thought the government should be involved ...went nowhere...

So i started calling board people on saskpulse.....they want to grow more ...they like scientists and fewer farmers I guess.

The board has no responsibility to represent farmers/primary producers but they will gladly represent the industry....

But industry doesn't pay their checkoff fees. But they benefit greatly from them...

Here is some issues that saskpulse should have been on top of on behalf of primary producers...

1. SOLO residuals on cereal and oilseed crops. BASF does research with funding from saskpulse directly or indirectly and yet kept this SOLO issue very quiet.

2. When other industries get a commitment of funds to help their respective industry ...its Saskpulse's responsibility to ask for the same. the steel industry received a commitment of 2 billion.

3. When farmers buy a used combine ...its very unlikely they get government help in any form to fix it....yet when AGT and partners bought a used rail line, they received 117 million in help...saskpulse should be asking for the same level of support for the primary producers they represent...

4. The protein cluster**** will be 100 percent government funded for industries that want to set up....where is the primary producer's profit in all of this....6 dollar peas doesn't cut it ...its like 30 dollar oil for the government of Saskatchewan....and yet the refineries and processors seem to be doing well....

5. In the last month over 85 million has been announced for research and development, scientists, and market development....all those people are government funded and yet the very guys that make all that possible is the primary producer and he receives nothing...

6. I was growing better yields in the 90s without the current regime of sprays fertilizers and gogo juice than I am today and they graded as top quality ....today everything is 2 or better ...why do we need research into quality.....no one wants it...why do we need more yield for a world that won't buy our pulses when they are on a 60 percent off///going out of business sale?

7. someone show me that the world is coming to Canada to buy our production....then tell them how we are going to move the production with an infrastructure for the 1960s...
          Last edited by bucket; Sep 29, 2018, 07:37.

Comment

Holllly,
            Grain companies are building storage at port so they can commoditize and profit, speculate against current and forwRd sales opportunities. They are not the farmers friend ( suppliers), their friends are the buyers (customers) I hope every one can figure that one out.

Grain bin sales have never been stronger in Australia, usa, canada etc, this is a good thing! Imagine what the price for, durum, peas, lentils, barley, etc would be if we could ship it all to the ports in two months. This only works if there are hedging mechanisms or grain exchanges, futers that are actively used by every one. Winnipeg exchange is an example for a lot of issues

What Canada is missing is infrastructure, with full public (commercial) access

Bin are a long term for nvestment like land, amortize them over 25 years instead of the stupidity of a 3 year lease, that’s why they are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              Holllly,
              Grain companies are building storage at port so they can commoditize and profit, speculate against current and forwRd sales opportunities. They are not the farmers friend ( suppliers), their friends are the buyers (customers) I hope every one can figure that one out.

Grain bin sales have never been stronger in Australia, usa, canada etc, this is a good thing! Imagine what the price for, durum, peas, lentils, barley, etc would be if we could ship it all to the ports in two months. This only works if there are hedging mechanisms or grain exchanges, futers that are actively used by every one. Winnipeg exchange is an example for a lot of issues

What Canada is missing is infrastructure, with full public (commercial) access

Bin are a long term for nvestment like land, amortize them over 25 years instead of the stupidity of a 3 year lease, that’s why they are expensive
              Bins should be 100 percent deductible with zero recapture....for the benefit of the country for storing the world's grain.

Comment

I would like to thank CNH for encouraging me to practice up on my stainless Tig welding skills. The factory 4"flex pipe broke after the turbo with under 1000hrs, your local depot has 23 in stock but for $2100 they can rot there. I was able to purchase a 1 foot lengh of stainless flex for $17.00 from Fort Garry. A couple hours of fabing and better than new.

Comment

Thank You Lord for the moisture this fall it is dry and we will need it for any chance to grow a crop next year. But please now can we have some warm sunny weather?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...