• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeze Drying

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze Drying

Might be a dumb question. With minus 10 tonight will that draw moisture out of the kernels? I have heard rumors of this. Again I have no experience in these kind of conditions.

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
    Might be a dumb question. With minus 10 tonight will that draw moisture out of the kernels? I have heard rumors of this. Again I have no experience in these kind of conditions.
    Does with wind and low humidity.

Comment

Sublimation

Same as the ice evaporating off the highway in the cold days in winter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimation_(phase_transition)

Comment

Yup..started canola at 13.5 today.
        Still going with snow flakes..at 11.5 now..

Comment

It’s hard to get low humidity at night here. Lately starting around 5pm or so the dew starts to settle and the humidity all night is 90%. Hardly any wind this year here! And any day time breezes are totally calm at night. So with below normal temperatures and I would also say below normal wind.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
            Freezing helps a lot to dry grain especially if you get a cold night and then a decent day following, problem we have right now is you get all the frosty ice in the am and it's not warm enough to burn it off during the day. Once we either get warmer daytime temps or get past the point of having to sc**** windshields you'll be surprised how dry and how easy the combining gets.

Comment

So you mean in May 2019, right?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                So you mean in May 2019, right?
                Hahaha ya that's with the eddy brand matches. They work the best.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  Freezing helps a lot to dry grain especially if you get a cold night and then a decent day following, problem we have right now is you get all the frosty ice in the am and it's not warm enough to burn it off during the day. Once we either get warmer daytime temps or get past the point of having to sc**** windshields you'll be surprised how dry and how easy the combining gets.
                  w have. having dry frosts here . dry canola yesterday and today , sure is nice . -12 here tonight , normal sept weather ??.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    w have. having dry frosts here . dry canola yesterday and today , sure is nice . -12 here tonight , normal sept weather ??.
                    Wish I could say the same, central AB still getting our daily shower/snow, nothing going on here. Big amounts of snow forcast for next couple days, ground white again overnight.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...