• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFU joins carbon tax fight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Or maybe not:

“Between 1990 and 2005, the world cattle population rose by more than 100 million head (according to FAO statistics). During this time, atmospheric methane concentration stabilized completely. These empirical observations show that livestock is not a significant player in the global methane budget. [Glatzle, 2014]. "
    I wouldn't count on facts and measurable metrics to save us all from those who wish to destroy our livelihood and western prosperity.
    They are imposing the tax regardless of science:
    http://cphpost.dk/news/farmers-up-in-arms-over-proposed-methane-tax-on-cows.html http://cphpost.dk/news/farmers-up-in-arms-over-proposed-methane-tax-on-cows.html

Just like they are ignoring or outright fabricating the science to demonize CO2. This is all about ideology, not science.

Comment

Do any of you have any neighbours who are NFU members, I have a couple them, but they are either sold out or in the process, place couldn’t afford to keep sons and daughters around. Grass, you should know, how many members in Saskatchewan?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Or maybe not:

“Between 1990 and 2005, the world cattle population rose by more than 100 million head (according to FAO statistics). During this time, atmospheric methane concentration stabilized completely. These empirical observations show that livestock is not a significant player in the global methane budget. [Glatzle, 2014]. "
        But but , chucks graphs clearly show cattle = methane and a massive amount . Plus his experts say so .

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
          ......Grass, you should know, how many members in Saskatchewan?
          I don't know, I'm not involved on the organizational side - simply a member. I wonder what the membership of any farm organization in western Canada would be if most of them didn't rely on mandatory levies (checkoffs) to qualify farmers as members? I'd suspect very, very small as apathy appears to be the biggest problem facing farm politics.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...