• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dept. Highway

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter works at a law office.
    Lawyers there say if this guys lawyer is Good..he can drag this case out for 3 to 5 yrs..
    I think it's the judges fault..
    In the old days when a person did not appear in court a warrant was issued...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Wish the media and other people would keep quiet about this intersection till the driver is done with court.
      All this talk is giving the defense more info on how to deem the intersection as unsafe and that dip shit will get off..
      I thought the same think when I heard of all the recommendations. That the accused will use this to lessen his conviction or get off completely. I'm also not so sure that the families of those on that bus, won't also use it for litigation against the Dept of Highways and the Province of Saskatchewan.

The other thing I'd like to bring up about this crash, is how the eye of attention has turned so sharply to judge the qualifications of farmer operated semis and how little attention has been brought to immigrate drivers or new Canadian drivers and how they were instructed, trained and tested for their 1A, in what ever country they are coming from. It's most likely, that the amount of instruction and the quality of a driving test very greatly among the different countries, in which migrates come to Canada. It sounds like there might be a handful of countries have a higher standard than Canada, but I'm sure there are many countries that have a lower standard. Besides the fact of environmental conditions could/are greatly different in Canada, than most other countries where foreign drivers arrive from.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
        I thought the same think when I heard of all the recommendations. That the accused will use this to lessen his conviction or get off completely. I'm also not so sure that the families of those on that bus, won't also use it for litigation against the Dept of Highways and the Province of Saskatchewan.

The other thing I'd like to bring up about this crash, is how the eye of attention has turned so sharply to judge the qualifications of farmer operated semis and how little attention has been brought to immigrate drivers or new Canadian drivers and how they were instructed, trained and tested for their 1A, in what ever country they are coming from. It's most likely, that the amount of instruction and the quality of a driving test very greatly among the different countries, in which migrates come to Canada. It sounds like there might be a handful of countries have a higher standard than Canada, but I'm sure there are many countries that have a lower standard. Besides the fact of environmental conditions could/are greatly different in Canada, than most other countries where foreign drivers arrive from.
        Interesting points ....I have a 1A but don't drive enough to call myself a commercial driver nor do I want to be one....

I find myself being more careful because I don't drive everyday....

I look to make the shortest haul possible and plan accordingly....

I was called a fairweather farmer by marketing reps because I don't haul in shit weather....been there and scared the hell out of me....

Comment

"I was called a fairweather farmer by marketing reps because I don't haul in shit weather....been there and scared the hell out of me.... "

bucket, I'm not that much different than you, don't haul in strong wind(empty trailer concerns), don't haul in rain or snow storms, don't haul when it's colder than -15C. Had to use the trailer brake once, in the rain, when traveling down a wet/slick gravel road to straighten the rig, my training helped keep me on the road, but you better believe the hair was standing up alright.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...