• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of Market Research Grain Trailers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of Market Research Grain Trailers

Would there be interest in Canada for bringing these trailers in as competition to Lodeking/Doepker?

1500bu full level load capacity, three hoppers. Steel with epoxy/ureathane paint, and stainless hoppers/fronts/fenders/hoppers. Haldex weigh system, central inflation, and abs brakes (standard)

Click image for larger version

Name:	semirremolque-tolva-sr-310-55--Aiello-Acoplados-agrofy-0-20180716211223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	778261

Name:	semirremolque-tolva-sr-310-55--Aiello-Acoplados-agrofy-4-20180716211224.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	778262

Or the "farmer" version (standard steel trailer)

Name:	tolva-cerealera-omb-54-m3-Ombu-agrofy-1-20160801192218.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	778263

Or these?

Full stainless with a conveyor for filling drills/seeders....

Name:	semirremolque-3-ejes-30-mt-ful-Fertec-agrofy-2-20180927120143.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	778264

Name:	semirremolque-3-ejes-30-mt-ful-Fertec-agrofy-1-20180927120143.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	778265

Input?
    Be looking at a fairly sizeable price discount over our trailers.

Thanks!

How would you unload that farmer version into a swing auger?

Comment

Doesn't the ground clearance of the hoppers on the Tridem look ridiculously close to the ground? Didn't we go through this with some other make in the past?

Comment

We wouldn't get that spread axle here, because we don't need it.

Hopper clearance is 28" roughly so fairly close to my Lodekings at 29".

You're thinking of the Wilson/Timpte in the USA... Some of those are 16" clearance.

Comment

That would have to be extremely cheap. I would bet resale on a used one will be a disaster.
          You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            We wouldn't get that spread axle here, because we don't need it.

Hopper clearance is 28" roughly so fairly close to my Lodekings at 29".

You're thinking of the Wilson/Timpte in the USA... Some of those are 16" clearance.
            Then the clearance looks worse in the pictures than you claim.

The newer Wilson's are a about 24-26 inches clearance.

Comment

I bought a cheap grain trailer once and got exactly what I paid for, poor wiring, paint, and it cracked all over. After buying it then having to buy a Local made trailer to replace it I could have had a top of the line trailer payed for.

Comment

Warranty and service are all important.

Any new kid on the block would have to turn out to be good and still cheaper than the well known brands.

Even brands like Trail King (Dakota) take a hit on resale.

With the salt and gravel we drive through our trailers sure get pounded. Doepker/Lode King have enough issues too

Comment

What kinda price we talking about. The one I converted to CAD was something like $18k, but I can’t read Argentina or whatever the heck language it was....

Comment

With there already existing 5 or 6 Canadian brands along with some 15 more in the US, I would say that the trailer market is quite saturated in North America.

Comment

With there already existing 5 or 6 Canadian brands along with some 15 more in the US, I would say that the trailer market is quite saturated in North America.

Comment

I would like more info on the last trailer. fertilizer tender trailer made from stainless steel would be nice. money talks and conveyalls that rust up after a few years don't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Would there be interest in Canada for bringing these trailers in as competition to Lodeking/Doepker?

1500bu full level load capacity, three hoppers. Steel with epoxy/ureathane paint, and stainless hoppers/fronts/fenders/hoppers. Haldex weigh system, central inflation, and abs brakes (standard)

[ATTACH]3814[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]3815[/ATTACH]

Or the "farmer" version (standard steel trailer)
                          [ATTACH]3816[/ATTACH]

Or these?

Full stainless with a conveyor for filling drills/seeders....

[ATTACH]3817[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]3818[/ATTACH]

Input?
                          Be looking at a fairly sizeable price discount over our trailers.

Thanks!
                          I will never buy a steel grain trailer again. And neither will most people around here.

Comment

Check out this website. I helped this guy out a few years ago. Very functional unit. He has built three so far and has an international patent.

http://wildcardtrailers.com.au/

Comment

Klause, I can see a market for the seed/fert tender trailer. Looks like a good unit however would like to see it a tridem. The market in western Canada needs competition in this area. We'd really like a tender but price for our farm size is a factor.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...