• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thirsty Thursday it’s almost the weekend.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thirsty Thursday it’s almost the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4B655B1-3ED1-42A2-AC23-6E71530F9526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	778268

Well another very warm week down south. Lots of Agriville visitors flying around the USA and Mexico. One flew his plane in yesterday for a visit but we were gone. Others starting retirement in their new homes abroad.

Watching this morning as three crews are working around our home. One planting trees and grass, one leveling and starting piles for new construction. One finishing home interiors or car ports etc.

Sand, sod and trees arriving.

Busy busy busy. But wait some say the USA is having trouble. Hahahha I say it’s full steam ahead.

Also I ask how come a home in Regina is $875,000.00 for a ugly two story with two car garage that a 3500 won’t even fit in.

Just saying. Weird.

Yes our home down here is new but really it’s a practical home nothing flashy just practical in a gated community. Build the wall.

Speaking of a wall and I know CBC is all over the USA shut down of gov. It makes maybe a min on all Chanel’s news. Odd story how museums are having to shut down.

Look really hard at what the democrats have for leaders, Nancy and Chuck. My god if that’s their best the Democrats have big problems.

Oranges are getting cleaned up for juice now the ones that are left. Interesting to watch that cleanup happen on cyrtrus groves around our place.

Name:	1B9313EC-AF88-440C-A8F2-52A06939DBF6.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	778269

So what’s going on in canada, well it seems our idiot had a bad year last year. Hm when you have a idiot in charge you have problems and Canada unfortunately elected a idiot and it’s group.

It seems to me he opened up a Pandora’s box. We have special interest groups and new Canadians telling original Canadians what’s right and what to do. F#$k me it’s our country adapt or stay home. Oil is king till something better is here. The climate isn’t changing and co2 isn’t the problem in canada we’re a huge sink.

Solar works in Florida not canada.

Name:	1DF06925-2F01-40A4-B833-D113F90F6E58.jpg
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	778270

Just saying the idiot has got to be defeated or change will happen and canada will implode into small fractions.

Now I would like to wish my father a happy 90 th birthday today. Yea your slowing down a bit but so glad your around and happy birthday dad.

Ah thirsty Thursday, BOURBON POMEGRANATE SOUR

1.5 ounces Knob Creek Bourbon Whiskey
    1 ounce Lemon Sour Mix
    1-ounce Simple syrup
    4 ounces Pomegranate juice
    Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
    Crushed ice

Directions

In a cocktail shaker add bourbon whiskey, lemon sour mix, simple syrup, pomegranate juice, and top with crushed ice.
    Shake vigorously for thirty seconds then strain mixture into a standard whiskey glass filled with ice.
    Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
    Serve & Enjoy!

Name:	B10F0F7E-FD08-42FA-A9DE-A8721C4FE5F0.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	778271

Have a great 2019 we need to finally wake up in canada and start pushing back at outside advise and influence. Every thing from the seed tax to oil it’s all about destroying us.

Family flew home now a little R & R. Hahahha

My flowers are blooming so nice. Fertilizer not organic shit.

Grass arrived.

Not Trudeau’s.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      My flowers are blooming so nice. Fertilizer not organic shit.

Grass arrived.

Not Trudeau’s.

Nice to see you are enjoying your “retirement”.
      So besides sipping on cocktails, and watching everyone else work, what do you do to keep yourself from getting bored? As a farmer I need to be doing something, that’s the way it’s always been.
      Personally if I was in your shoes, I would have been on every golf course near by. But then again some just don’t have the patience to chase a little white ball around all day, or should I say look for it. 😂😂
      For a drink ..... the good ol trust worthy Caesar. Prefer Grey Goose but not mandatory, extra spicey Clam, add little Worcester, and couple drops Tobasco. Yes, I like it spicey.

Comment

We golf Tuesday’s once I’m back in feb & March. looked at lots along golf course smaller yards. I have no one behind me plus beside. Behind me is a nature preserve so alligators and raccoons and panthers. Ok the last one maybe is mean.

Working in my little shop here putting together work bench and arranging my tools and changing shit the wife doesn’t like. Wiring garage etc.

Did get our Florida residancy temporary card. Good for Disney and universal etc season discounts.

Wife and I are off to Hollywood studios to try a new ride then meet friends at Disney springs for supper.

Name:	887CA110-E1CC-47EC-AE0E-29023335763A.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	767019

Name:	E34144B5-BB11-418A-93F0-E50123F9D9C6.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	767020

Shopping for perfect cart either new or custom.

Name:	C2686E50-9FAB-413E-8D17-2242B35B3F6F.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	767021

Comment

I woluld like to say a happy birthday to your dad making 90 is quite an accomplishment,he has seen more change than anyone will see again,imho. again congrats to him.

Comment

Thanks he is slowing down but still drives and today is at our city house looking after our dog and spending time with his grand sons.

He did work very hard but liked change.

His dad owned a thrashing crew so started early with the horses.

My grandfather retired in Regina across the street from Taylor field. Upstairs bedroom windo looked at end zone.

He passed early.

Dad enjoyed some 22 winters in Phoenix till 81 I think we sold it.

He says work hard play hard and relax the small stuff.

I hope I have the longevity gene as some made over 100 on his side.

Again we’ll video conference tonight and share cake and wishes.

Comment

my great grandfather died in 67 just shy of his 110 birthday . was the oldest person in Canada at that time . he got a birthday card from the queen every one after a 100. just think of what he saw from the Wild West to a moon landing ! I remember him fairly well . my grandfather , his son, died at 99 . guess I might have some of those genes ?

Comment

Congrats SF3, looks like everything is coming together nicely.

As for drinks, the wife received a set of Moscow Mule Mugs for Christmas. Of course we had to try them out.

Start with 3/4 to 4/4 mug full of ice.

Add 2 oz of vodka, your choice.

Squeeze 1/4 keylime wedge over the ice and add wedge to mug.

Add 5 oz of Crabbie's alcoholic Ginger Beer (4%)
                one bottle of Crabbie's(500ml) will make 3 drinks.

Stir drink.

Press a sprig of mint(not muddled) into top of ice.(can buy at Sobey's)

Enjoy ! and be careful not to get kicked by the mule !

Nice drink, but will be even better when the heat of summer arrives.

Comment

SF, how long did your dad help on the farm.

Also curious why florida now instead of phoenix. Florida is nice but can be a bit swampy for dry prairie boys.

Comment

Thirsty Thursday? Keep it simple. Ice, tequila and Fresca. Delicious. Lower calories. Low carbs.

Comment

Dad ran one of the combines on swaths from noon till supper up until he hit 88. Strait I think he quit at 86. Stone pick and drove semis home up until last year if needed.

He’s supper cooker with mom and delivery guy.

Boys enjoy him around helping they think it’s cool. Better advise than me or my brother.

My wife’s parents did Phoenix also and we decided we need water and humidity and more things to do.

Hell im at Disney today with friends trying a new ride out and cold beer.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...