• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thieves Raiding Farms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thieves Raiding Farms

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alberta-farmers-hunt-down-truck-thieves-shoot-warning-shots-into-air-1.4270661

Euthanasia on-farm is a much more dependable solution than catch and release.

~Sir John A. MacDonald
    Last edited by 15444; Jan 27, 2019, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
      Euthanasia on-farm is a much more dependable solution than catch and release.
      True... but people watch this forum....be careful...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        True... but people watch this forum....be careful...
        Just offering sound advice that has been successful around the world for millenia. Certainly can't take credit for it being my original thought as that would be plagiarism I believe.

*Fixed it, make sure credit is given where due. Funny coincidence, I do believe he was referring to Indians back then as well.
        Last edited by 15444; Jan 27, 2019, 11:07.

Comment

If these idiots pull up to a bank and rob it for 50 thousand dollars and get shot in the process not a word would be said. Its time these thugs get what they deserve.

Comment

People here have been sternly warned to not engage or pursue in anyway whatsoever or they themselves will be charged.
            Some have never seen the police.
            None have ever seen their property back.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              People here have been sternly warned to not engage or pursue in anyway whatsoever or they themselves will be charged.
              It would be difficult to charge 42K farmers in Saskatchewan. 100K strong in Canada. I despise being told I am obligated to be a victim. Pars.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                It would be difficult to charge 42K farmers in Saskatchewan. 100K strong in Canada. I despise being told I am obligated to be a victim. Pars.
                The real threat is the police and justice system laying charges. Then the persons defending themselves against criminals now have to defend themselves against a government with an unlimited budget. So go ahead and defend yourselves but we will bankrupt you in court. meanwhile taxpayers end up paying for the criminals defense because, hey, they are the poor and downtrodden.

White privilege indeed.

Comment

Parsley

"It would be difficult to charge 42K farmers in Saskatchewan. 100K strong in Canada. I despise being told I am obligated to be a victim. Pars."

I bet Gerald Stanley and his family wouldn't agree with your hiding behind a computer screen comment!

Comment

From what I read there was no harm done, the criminals were caught and the farmers did a service to society by helping put criminals into the hands of law enforcement. Firing a few shots in the air obviously caught their attention and kept them at bay until proper law enforcement arrived . Must more responsible than actually shooting someone.
                    End result , no one hurt , criminals caught and neighbourhood safe again for now .

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                      You actually might be on to something with strength in numbers and solidarity. The precedent is already set by Wiebo Ludwig and his cult when they shot the trespassing teenage girl. None of the cult members would admit who had done the shooting, so in the end, the crime went unpunished. The perpetrators (likely) had no violent intentions, no firearms, weren't intending to steal or damage property, and had no criminal records. If police couldn't (or wouldn't) prosecute that crime, then how can they justifiably try to prosecute every rural victim of crime in an area any time a theft in progress is ended by vigilante justice, if none of the victims are willing to testify against each other?

All that would be required is to have as many locals as possible on scene armed with their appropriate calibre firearms, all waiting when the police arrive.

Of course, unlike a religious cult where every member is completely brainwashed and under strict control, there are dissenting SJW members of any community who likely would sympathize with the criminals.

Not condoning such actions, but pointing out that the precedent does exist.
                      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 27, 2019, 15:21.

Comment

They were caught and in a couple days a month or a year they will be at it again.

Comment

Ab5

"The perpetrators (likely) had no violent intentions, no firearms, weren't intending to steal or damage property, and had no criminal records. If police couldn't (or wouldn't) prosecute that crime, then how can they justifiably try to prosecute every rural victim of crime in an area any time a theft in progress is ended by vigilante justice, if none of the victims are willing to testify against each other?

All that would be required is to have as many locals as possible on scene armed with their appropriate calibre firearms, all waiting when the police arrive."

Why not take it a step further and have all the farmers at the scene with the guns all fire at once at the perpetrators. None of them would ever feel guilty of killing some young drunk teenager who made their first mistake in life because nobody would know who's bullet actually killed the perpetrator(s).

As for all farmers in the prairies thinking your's and Parsley's idea is good one, let's take a poll here on Agriville and see how many are willing to agree with your statements.

We both could be surprised in the results!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            Ab5

"The perpetrators (likely) had no violent intentions, no firearms, weren't intending to steal or damage property, and had no criminal records. If police couldn't (or wouldn't) prosecute that crime, then how can they justifiably try to prosecute every rural victim of crime in an area any time a theft in progress is ended by vigilante justice, if none of the victims are willing to testify against each other?

All that would be required is to have as many locals as possible on scene armed with their appropriate calibre firearms, all waiting when the police arrive."

Why not take it a step further and have all the farmers at the scene with the guns all fire at once at the perpetrators. None of them would ever feel guilty of killing some young drunk teenager who made their first mistake in life because nobody would know who's bullet actually killed the perpetrator(s).

As for all farmers in the prairies thinking your's and Parsley's idea is good one, let's take a poll here on Agriville and see how many are willing to agree with your statements.

We both could be surprised in the results!
                            Of course, you selectively quoted my post, To take the comments completely out of the original context. Unless of course, you believe that a Armed career criminal deserves the same justice as a mischievous teenager.

Please reread my entire post , I will do the same and see if I have misconveyed my intended message.

Comment

Not these guys's first rodeo... Basic google search gets you:

Jesse James Den Hollander: 36. Arrested in 2015 and charged with:
                              -attempted break and enter
                              -possession of a stolen vehicle
                              -flight from police
                              -dangerous driving
                              -breach of a recognizance
                              -possession of ammunition while prohibited from doing so.

-sentenced on October 18, 2016 to 17 months in jail, to be followed by two years probation.

All after trying to break into a gun range, and then after setting off the alarm leading police on a wild chase in a stolen kenworth...

At sentencing: "Crown prosecutor K.C. Komosky noted a psychiatric assessment concluded Denhollander poses a high risk to re-offend if he does not get substance abuse treatment.

Defence lawyer Ron Morin told court Denhollander was angry with his girlfriend that day and he got high on drugs and "stupidly" stole a tractor truck and tried to break into a gun range. However, he said the father of three has since taken several programs while in custody and now believes he has "turned the corner."

Jimmy Delane Morsette: age 30 Arrested on May 18, 2018 in Bonneyville and charged with:
                              -aggravated assault
                              -forcible confinement
                              -uttering threats
                              -in connection to a home invasion and assault that occurred in Rimbey, on April 13, 2018
                              -charges were stayed on Nov 6, 2018 on account of a lack of cooperation from the civilian who reported the crime

-who was jimmy tied up with? Samantha Leone Lewis, 32 of Ponoka. Possible connection to the third individual arrested who is:
                              Angela Lewis, 19 of Ponoka, AB
                              -basic google search can't find much on her.

There is a possibility that Angela ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. But for christ's sake, neither one of these men should have been out and about, and one of them was UNDER PROBATION!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...