• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celiac and gluten intolerance Parsely

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celiac and gluten intolerance Parsely

Read and saw a lady on tv and seemed well grounded intelligent person.

Had the above in tolerances since about 14yrs old and think early 30s now.

Anyway went to europe france in particular and tried a crossaoint and had no troubles then got gamer and tried some bread etc and no issues.

at the end of i think 4 months she was eating the whole shebang every day.

Came back to oz and tried to continue he new found diet and bang all her allergies were back.

So at great expense she imported french flour and made her own stuff and again no allegies.

Bit of a mystery but thinking preservatives and other stuff in our flour or the question raised was it in fact the actual wheat?

Anyway was interesting wonder if you had a take on it.

She wasnt radical in the slighest way more a intelligent curios person questioning why is it so.
    Appaently other not all have had same experience.

Just today at Deli counter at Supersto a lady was going through all the labels for processed meat like ham and salami looking for gluten-free, claims sensitivity. Is there gluten in meat products?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Just today at Deli counter at Supersto a lady was going through all the labels for processed meat like ham and salami looking for gluten-free, claims sensitivity. Is there gluten in meat products?
      There can be, wheat is in a lot of foods. Soy sauce, etc. Really have to read the ingredients in everything to be sure. My wife needs to avoid gluten, reading ingredients is a must.

As to the original post, that is interesting.

Comment

https://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/don-huber-2/

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Read and saw a lady on tv and seemed well grounded intelligent person.

Had the above in tolerances since about 14yrs old and think early 30s now.

Anyway went to europe france in particular and tried a crossaoint and had no troubles then got gamer and tried some bread etc and no issues.

at the end of i think 4 months she was eating the whole shebang every day.

Came back to oz and tried to continue he new found diet and bang all her allergies were back.

So at great expense she imported french flour and made her own stuff and again no allegies.

Bit of a mystery but thinking preservatives and other stuff in our flour or the question raised was it in fact the actual wheat?

Anyway was interesting wonder if you had a take on it.

She wasnt radical in the slighest way more a intelligent curios person questioning why is it so.
          Appaently other not all have had same experience.
          I've heard this scenario a number of times. We just got back from Cuba, (i would presume all eiropean flour) had my mother with us who is gluten intolerant, she tried a few pastries and donuts etc with no resulting issues. She wasn't brave enough to jump right in on bread though.

The whole "gluten free" marketing as a health food makes me furious,but hearing differences based on location makes you wonder.

Deferent herbicides/ fungicides, different wheat varieties, different recipes (sour dough seems to mitigate the issue for lots), different mix of micros in the soil, if the difference is while you are there what about the entire diet change (maybe works together differently), different preservarives, lots of possibilities.

Comment

https://www.buzzfeed.com/samimain/things-that-happen-when-you-dont-eat-gluten-anymore

Quick summary of your life when you go that way.

Most of the new MSM says BS.

https://gizmodo.com/being-gluten-free-is-dumb-because-gluten-insensitivity-1577178094

Comment

I was just talking with CIGI about this very thing. I have sister in law and a grandson as well other close relatives that are effected. Would like to get some EU wheat to try making bread. Have some soft white wheat to try but trying to find a list of gluten in different varieties with in each class.

Comment

Try sprouted grain bread and sourdough, way better for your GUT. Anything fermented, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut....good gut bacteria. Another natural immunity booster is Chaga tea, from birch tree mushrooms

Comment

Austranada mentions Don Huber.
                  I definitely keep an open mind to what he says but he has increasingly gone tin foil these last few years. The article even alludes to a causal for BSE. A little sad.
                  What does this say about any science???

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Austranada mentions Don Huber.
                    I definitely keep an open mind to what he says but he has increasingly gone tin foil these last few years. The article even alludes to a causal for BSE. A little sad.
                    What does this say about any science???
                    Sounds like we are of the same opinion on Don Huber. I try to keep track of what he is saying. Some of it sounds plausible, until he starts claiming every possible excuse as to why it can't be proven.

But other claims are just so patently false that anyone can see through them. Claiming that reproduction rates in cattle dropped by 30% in 5 years. You would think the average cattle farmer would have noticed something that drastic, anyone here noticed that?

And again with the bees. Colonies are as healthy as ever in Canada, in spite of exponential growth in GM Canola, I don't need to tell this crowd how many bees are found in canola.

Then there is outright BS such as this:

They appear to have very little resilience to climate extremes. They were the first to fail in dry conditions in India, and this is one of the reasons for the mass suicides associated with GM crops in that country. Climate extremes are the shape of the future, so these small rooted crops, designed to prosper in perfect conditions, may become less and less relevant

Once again, farmers would be likely to notice such things, instead, the opposite has been occurring.

He likely is onto something with the Shikimate pathway and the microorganisms that rely on it, and warrants more study, but then goes on to absurd anecdotal propaganda that would make even Chuckchuck proud, and loses all the credibility he started out with.

Comment

We make all our own bread from our own flour.

Darcys cousin has diagnosed / confirmed Celiac's but she can eat my wife's bread/bagels/pretzels with no problem.

Is it the additives? Is it certain crop treatments? Who knows.

We blend hrs and sws to make our flour mix. Straight hrs is too heavy and won't rise well... It makes a great whole grain bread with flax seed in it though... Super moist and dark.

Pasteur makes good all around bread flour without blending. Tastes a lot more bland though.

For cakes/pastries soft white with a little Pasteur in it milled ultra fine makes amazing cakes.

Oh, and the beat brownies ever... Pure red lentil flour. So creamy melt in your mouth and super chocolatey. Would never know there's no normal flour in them.

Gotta try it!!! You'll be glad you did!!!

Comment

Is it gluten or is it FODMAPS?

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945755/

Comment

I once read a mid 40s Orwell essay on the dumbing of the English language.
                            Although dated now, it came to mind as I skimmed through austranadas article.
                            Today's common sentence structures have been warped by marketers, whether selling politicians or cars or an idea for a fee.
                            I'm no expert but reading certain articles gets my spider sense going. I'm actually getting rather critical.
                            Moving on, I don't want to follow up on who the hell the Slovak institute is, nor do I wish to research the creds of the authors, or the non-facts pulled from 240+ other articles.

So one question once and for all...
                            How much of our North American daily wheat intake has been directly exposed to glyphosate?????

Comment

Klause, just wanna send you this lili recipe. We cook a pot of porridge or Sunny Boy Cereal with lots of water, add fancy molasses and shortening to it. Let it cool down, add yeast, sugar and flour. Let rise - this makes a delicious molasses bread that we quite enjoy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...