• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celiac and gluten intolerance Parsely

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does instances of Celiac and Gluten intolerance compare between EU and North America, specifically Canada where we grow higher gluten wheat?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      So one question once and for all...
      How much of our North American daily wheat intake has been directly exposed to glyphosate?????
      Is that the right question though? Does it have to be directly (assuming you mean sprayed) or is there enough exposure because the land grew canola the previous year and was sprayed?

Comment

Aha! But one question is provable/defendable and the other is a zero tolerance game that could be applied to every question technology "solves".

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          I once read a mid 40s Orwell essay on the dumbing of the English language.
          Although dated now, it came to mind as I skimmed through austranadas article.
          Today's common sentence structures have been warped by marketers, whether selling politicians or cars or an idea for a fee.
          I'm no expert but reading certain articles gets my spider sense going. I'm actually getting rather critical.
          Moving on, I don't want to follow up on who the hell the Slovak institute is, nor do I wish to research the creds of the authors, or the non-facts pulled from 240+ other articles.

So one question once and for all...
          How much of our North American daily wheat intake has been directly exposed to glyphosate?????
          It's estimated that roughly 90% of Canadian wheat is desiccated with gly.
          And this is Bayer's attitude about the problems it's contributing to.

http://winewaterwatch.org/2018/11/werner-baumann-ceo-of-bayer-people-sick-from-roundup-are-just-nuisances/

Comment

Well he's right, you are a nuisance.

Comment

Written by a communications associate for the Organic Consumers Association.
              Solutions offered were organic and regenerative agriculture.
              Wonderful. Like vapers going after big tobacco. And we're being treated like smokers. Austranada continues to prove my point regarding the dumbing down of Joe Public.

Comment

Austranada's text book library, for decoration only...Click image for larger version

Name:	backwardsbooks-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	767080

Comment

This is actually a very serious issue probably impacting some members of your family and friends. Explain to them how glyphosate works then tell them how you spray some of your crops prior to harvest

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                    This is actually a very serious issue probably impacting some members of your family and friends. Explain to them how glyphosate works then tell them how you spray some of your crops prior to harvest
                    Also, when explaining glyphosate, describe the "Dirty Thirties", remind them of the eighties drought, make sure thy know how glyphosate is saving the very soil that makes civilization exist.

Tell Hugo there are no secrets in farming.

Comment

My family is currently enjoying the longest life span in human history.
                      Despite occasional exposure to vehicle exhaust, cigarette smoke, food preservatives, (not fungus), complicated glues and plastics, silicons, complicated sugars, and everything else not found in nature.
                      All the while no longer being exposed to everything else harmful in nature. From cold weather, to the plague or food poisoning.
                      So perhaps glyphosate will be found harmful at certain exposure rates. And someday, if so, we will know better.
                      Keep learning and asking questions.
                      The same way I'm being critical of Austranadas message and purpose.

Comment

In this area a fellow who was born in the early 50's was the 1st person in sask.to be diagnosed with celiac.
                        There was no round up sprayed then..plus old wheat/bly varieties.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                          Most current tests show that FODMAPS are to blame, and if you reduce gluten, you also reduce them. Especially true for IBS when diets containing low FODMAPS are combined with high pure gluten, there are no problems.

Easy to blame gluten even though the possible culprits are just along for the ride. Even easier to blame glyphosate because its a big scary word from an even bigger scary company

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                            Austranada's text book library, for decoration only...[ATTACH=CONFIG]3923[/ATTACH]
                            Well of course, why would one need to read or research anything, when one already has all the answers, and why risk endangering perfectly biased preconceived notions with facts which may puncture those beliefs. Same is true of the other Troll on here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...