• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard to explain to some ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to explain to some ..

Tonight is a great example,
    They forecast rain , all good , whatever.
    Look at radar , and yup there is rain .
    Here is the rub that gets folks, the weather dudes were 100% correct.... fr the forecast area ..... it rained within the forecast area , just not specifically on you’d land lol ... it funny how don’t get it 😂🤓🐫🚣*♀️.
    There have been many who think , oh they must have had rain....! But nope , it’s just going iu

Never rely on or trust a forecast.

I've been disappointed many many times more than I've been pleased.

There is so much at stake and we are so dependant that it's no wonder farmers are OBSESSED with weather, and rain in particular.

Amazing how it affects mood.

Nope, alot of people don't understand.

Wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter? I can imagine the burden that would be lifted.

Comment

The forecast was good for us for rain yesterday you go to sleep and think a shower will be nice, wake up and it's gone. Poof.

Comment

Here I put down some authority last night thinking it would get a nice shot of moisture today.

There is pretty good moisture in the old cereal stubble but last years pulse land looks dry. Couple guys knocked al their canola stubble down in the fall with a protill. That land looks very dry now.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter? I can imagine the burden that would be lifted.
          Its funny though .... my parents have been retired 20 years now living in town and the first thing they talk about every week is what the weather is like where they are and what mine is like. I don't think you can really leave it behind if you've been a farmer!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            Its funny though .... my parents have been retired 20 years now living in town and the first thing they talk about every week is what the weather is like where they are and what mine is like. I don't think you can really leave it behind if you've been a farmer!
            Maybe not, but its not as critical.

Comment

But in 2015 Harper fixed weather exact forecasting just forgot to put any checks or balances in place to make sure money was well spent. I would say some "Buddies" pockets got lined with that money.

From the Calgary Herald : On Thursday, the Harper government announced a $134 million investment in Environment Canada’s weather infrastructure they say will allow Canadians to access more reliable, timely and exact weather forecasts.

Comment

Environment weather change Canada is more dedicated to getting world ending climate doom and gloom stories for their front page than getting accurate forecasts. Much like fake news CBC.

Comment

I've stopped paying for or looking at forecasts.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    I've stopped paying for or looking at forecasts.
                    Paying for weather forecast? Seriously?
                    I can think of 4 radio stations that consistently provide the weather forecast and sometimes if you look at the sky/clouds you can predict what is coming within 3 days using old weather folklore.
                    Or else just use the yr.no app.

Comment

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Just read the aptly named accuweather. They offer a free forecast for 90 days out. For example on Aug 6, they are forecasting Mostly cloudy; a little morning rain, then a shower in spots. 57% chance of precipitation and 21 degrees. I already have my haying season all scheduled out around their deadly precise forecast for July and August. I don't know why Climate change/environment Canada can't get today right, when a free service can be so confident about the weather 3 months away.

For those who aren't good at picking up such things, this was all typed in a sarcastic font, but may not have come across that way.

Comment

Comment

Yesterday i scored 24 mm best non thunderstorm 24 hour fall since i dont know when. Could pick up another 4 or 5mm till saturday morning.

Still in the grips of worst ever drought but puts a spring in your step.

Put in context from jan to nov 15th last year we only had 140mm had useless storms which put us up to 210 mm for the year in 18.

all guns blazing

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Tonight is a great example,
                            They forecast rain , all good , whatever.
                            Look at radar , and yup there is rain .
                            Here is the rub that gets folks, the weather dudes were 100% correct.... fr the forecast area ..... it rained within the forecast area , just not specifically on you’d land lol ... it funny how don’t get it 😂🤓🐫🚣*♀️.
                            There have been many who think , oh they must have had rain....! But nope , it’s just going iu
                            Same here , green weatherman was saying periods of rain for next couple days now its backed off to 10% showers
                            Missing just about everything , only 4 tenths here in about last month. Bad sign for here
                            Neighbor was burning canola stubble, musta been listening to lerner . Should be some dirt blowin this way soon

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...