• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Hortons Eggs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Hortons Eggs

More fake food australia will follow suit soon

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/25/plant-based-eggs-land-their-first-major-fast-food-deal.html

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    More fake food australia will follow suit soon

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/25/plant-based-eggs-land-their-first-major-fast-food-deal.html
    Another solution waiting for a problem. Eggs are already one of the most efficient ways of converting feed into protein with an FCR of 2.0, how can we possibly improve on that efficiency?

Good news for Chuck though, the same article shows crickets having an FCR of .9 to 1.1. that is the real solution.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Another solution waiting for a problem. Eggs are already one of the most efficient ways of converting feed into protein with an FCR of 2.0, how can we possibly improve on that efficiency?

Good news for Chuck though, the same article shows crickets having an FCR of .9 to 1.1. that is the real solution.
      I know nothing about crickets but how can they produce more than they eat?

I have zero interest in eating “bugs” but the discbine loves grasshoppers. My wife told me our daughter was apparently naming them and wanting to take them home as pets yesterday as they were bouncing off the window while cutting hay.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
        I know nothing about crickets but how can they produce more than they eat?
        It's just like that time I duct taped the wind turbine to the top of my car and made the perpetual motion machine.
        Fish are claimed to have a similar conversion rate. There is obviously something missing from the equation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...