• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well moving anywhere is probably an option because Canada is about to enter a generational death spiral with skippy at the helm, and likely re elected. Sure didnt take long to destroy a country.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	767540

Comment

New ride have to do.

Comment

Another half inch last night. Hay 2019 a total bust. Animals will starve this winter. 20 inches of rain in two months and still have to buy hay from somewhere else. Fortunately I don't have much livestock but am sorry for the cattle guys. A flood is worse than drought. Hay field full of standing water.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Martin Armstrong is recommending people to do the same, and in fact moved his offices and staff to Florida also. His reasoning is the coming global cooling that he is forecasting, and the ludicrous taxes most everywhere else.
          But but , is all of Florida not just barely above sea level ?? You will all drown in a few short years .
          Saskfarmer, better get a room at the top of the castle at Disney .... lol

That’s some pretty “flat earth” down there 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Another half inch last night. Hay 2019 a total bust. Animals will starve this winter. 20 inches of rain in two months and still have to buy hay from somewhere else. Fortunately I don't have much livestock but am sorry for the cattle guys. A flood is worse than drought. Hay field full of standing water.
            Where are you at?

Comment

Miami could flood if it was true. Me no I’m ok 🙂

Comment

No state tax this weekend for Florida residents because it’s back to school and the locals need a break. Ha 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐚 could learn lots.

Comment

I guess it’s almost time to head home my youngest sent these to me today

Our last seeded canola field catching up

Comment

Rubber boots are becoming normal attire here for the last six weeks. Corn is looking decent especially considering how cool and cloudy it’s been.

July 12 it was at his knees and now it’s almost as tall as me. Haying has been a disaster for almost everyone as there hasn’t been three dry days in a row at all. Silaging is slow or nonexistent as trucks can’t get around the roads or fields. Got 1300 bales wrapped in 4 days and couldn’t have made a nice dry bale so the wrapper pays for itself again.

Barley is laying down after all the wind and rain. My brother is thinking of crop lifters for the swather but I think that’ll be too much fun in the hills and rocks since it never got rolled this spring. Life is never dull as normal around here. It’s wet but better than the dry dust this spring.

Good luck everyone and hope for heat and sun. 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Sent from a combine harvest crew. Washington.

Nice combine

Comment

Crop looks good here as long as the hail stays away and we beat the frost. Trying to get the summer fallow in shape between all the rain showers On the field that tweety said would blow haha

Comment

Not intended to offend but WTF seldomseen, I actually need an explanation.

I must be one of those stoopid coffeshop farmers vvalk was referring to.

Why such an even growth across the field and what is it?

When, or will you resort to a glypho app sooner or later?

Summerfallowing in wet conditions must be a bitch, how do you ever get a decent kill without just transplanting or having the weeds in contact with enough moisture to survive.

We farm on different planets, summerfallow ruined more land around here that I care to talk about.

For ****'s sake...the front caster wheels on the cultivator even have dirt stuck to them.

Comment

What's summerfallow??

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              What's summerfallow??
                              That is what we will all get to do once Austanada succeeds in having glyphosate banned.

You will also get to learn other new words such as dust storm, black blizzard, erosion, and gully washer, plow layer or compaction layer, and famine.

On the other hand certain words will fall out of use, so you won't really need to increase your vocabulary. Terms such as organic matter, soil microbes, tilth, permeability, continuous cropping and surplus.

But just think of all the life giving CO2 we will be releasing between the diesel fuel and the tillage itself.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                That is what we will all get to do once Austanada succeeds in having glyphosate banned.

You will also get to learn other new words such as dust storm, black blizzard, erosion, and gully washer, plow layer or compaction layer, and famine.

On the other hand certain words will fall out of use, so you won't really need to increase your vocabulary. Terms such as organic matter, soil microbes, tilth, permeability, continuous cropping and surplus.

But just think of all the life giving CO2 we will be releasing between the diesel fuel and the tillage itself.
                                Ever heard of green manure Arrogantfarmer2½ Must have fallen asleep or busy on Facebook when you attempted and failed at regenerative farming

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...