• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take to pull the trigger.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3x assessed and I’d be gone. Can have the wife too....

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
      Trouble is, down the road a couple generations and rhe value is diluted by multiple heirs, distanced from the farm, eyeballing cash, etc.
      Doesn't even take generations....it can be the ones that left the farm and now want a piece of the action since values have gone up....they did nothing to keep the farm viable when shit hit the fan....but figure they are owed something...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Ask Bill Boyd .... fleeced Sask tax payers few a few million then just sold out to the Hutterites for big 💰

Ralph is pissed at all farmers now think we are all multi millionaires that can cash out at any moment and wants to crush us all financially now .
        Don’t think so ?? Ask him
        Interesting ...Ralph spent his whole life on the taxpayers dime....

Comment

3X assessment! I wouldn't have handled that much paper since I threw out the old Western Producers I'd been hoarding!

Comment

Multiplier aside, look at the different values being talked about. There must be some consistently very very productive land in some areas.....😉

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Multiplier aside, look at the different values being talked about. There must be some consistently very very productive land in some areas.....😉
              Not really, supply and demand.

Comment

Dam, I was going to contribute something very intelligent to this thread and I got thinking about Clara, the young girl who cures headaches, from Morning Humour that Mallee sent and I lost my train of thought.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Interesting ...Ralph spent his whole life on the taxpayers dime....
                  Yup but Billy came out way ahead , ole Ralph can’t grasp that a stupid farmer out did him lol
                  They both were on way too long , but Billy just used his Trump card and sailing off into the sunset. Ralph dealing with a failing party and a Prime minister who truly believes he is Peter Pan 😂😂
                  And he is not happy about it lol

Comment

I am not sure what I would do if I sold the farm. It is my private paradise and escape from the rest of society. If I sold I would have to join society somewhere and that would be awful. A holiday or two a year is enough to convince me that I generally hate being around other people for very long.
                    Boy I am fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      I am not sure what I would do if I sold the farm. It is my private paradise and escape from the rest of society. If I sold I would have to join society somewhere and that would be awful. A holiday or two a year is enough to convince me that I generally hate being around other people for very long.
                      Boy I am fun.
                      Ya I get that, I don't think too many of us on this site would make good " office people ".

I watched a program about a young couple in Toronto following them through their day which started at 5:30 am with young kids, traffic, daycare, traffic, jobs, traffic, daycare, traffic, meals, one hour of family time, one hour of quiet time and then bed, cause you know whats coming in 7 hours.

I understand Taiga.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                        Boy I am fun.
                        In a way, Just got done visiting another farm family in the community, damn there are some good people out there. Too bad entry into the farming business has become so onerous, one of those young men has farming in his blood....with an engineering degree! But I think I know what he'd rather be doing, he was dirty,....and not afraid of work. No silver spoons in those mouths either. Salt of the earth!
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 8, 2019, 08:34.

Comment

My yard is on a truck route.
                          My lane is on the end of a town street.
                          Shop right against the road allowance.
                          No trees. Sure wasn't this busy 40 years ago lol.
                          I have had up to 14 visitors in one day just dropping in. Im kinda ok with people as I have no choice.
                          But I so appreciate total silence lol.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Yup but Billy came out way ahead , ole Ralph can’t grasp that a stupid farmer out did him lol
                            They both were on way too long , but Billy just used his Trump card and sailing off into the sunset. Ralph dealing with a failing party and a Prime minister who truly believes he is Peter Pan 😂😂
                            And he is not happy about it lol
                            Saw Ralph on the national news tonite... Sad that he has trouble piecing sentences together ...

Can't be easy trying to keep Justin humble...

Comment

Frost before second week September will decide for many the plug is pulled they will have to find a way to swim or go under. The only choice for some is do you risk more equity and for some it will be how can I get out even and not still owe.
                              I see it all the time in the land I rent. I hope it’s not me some day.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                Just got done visiting another farm family in the community, damn there are some good people out there. Too bad entry into the farming business has become so onerous, one of those young men has farming in his blood....with an engineering degree! But I think I know what he'd rather be doing, he was dirty,....and not afraid of work. No silver spoons in those mouths either. Salt of the earth!
                                I just screwed up editing my own post trying yo reply to it...lol. That's what I get for trying to reply to myself.

I just wanted to say, could you imagine mentoring/helping a young person like that? Seeing them realize their dream. Would you have to sell him something cheaper than it's value or just give him the leeway to be able to ride out the lows.
                                If there is true ambition and passion they will make it work. Sometimes they just need support and understanding that a journeyman farmer knows and understands that there are some tough years in a farming career.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...