• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would It Take to Pull the Trigger and Move?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would It Take to Pull the Trigger and Move?

A little different twist to Rumrocks post. What difference in assessment or overall land value would it take to pull the trigger, sell out and move where land values aren’t so high/overinflated?

Reasons might vary, but maybe to reduce debt, or expand overall land base. Or political, etc.

I would want better land. Fairly flat wide open well drained, a black loam, not super high clay. Few rocks. In the parkland area where it rains somewhat regularly. Sounds expensive, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I would want better land. Fairly flat wide open well drained, a black loam, not super high clay. Few rocks. In the parkland area where it rains somewhat regularly. Sounds expensive, eh?
      You think you could get along with SKF???
      🤣😂😝😆

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Ask western Vickie , that’s pretty much their area .
        Although the more steady rains fall west of them yet towards Maidstone to Lashburn

Comment

In 1984 we had the opportunity to relocate. Hutt colony was moving in and purchasing two out of three farms, ours included. We had looked at a couple farms by Sedley. I young at the time, but the idea of no rocks, flat heavy dirt looked good to me. End result they didn’t take my farm.
          Would have been nice to be close to the city and farm some of the best dirt in Sk, but today I’m still happy where I am. We usually get good rains throughout the year, land is not flat and has rocks, but still seem to raise good crops.
          At my age today I wouldn’t look at moving, even for the “best of the best”.

Comment

Moving isn't an option for me ...I like it here...neither is working for someone else...I did that...part of the reason I came back to farm....

The right place to move would be the states where you are appreciated as a farmer....and have a real voice and representation....

That young guy from Edgeley is moving to Montana...made his big bucks...has a lot of feathers in the cap ...board seats...directorships...Sask OYF 2011....lots of knowledge ... he is going to the states...

Comment

I would move, not physically, but back in time. I like the way this area looks, fields, lakes, and lots of trees. More like Scotland than Saskatchewan. We have great soil. We have rain. Prior to 2005 or 2006, for a hundred years, this was an extremely productive area.

I want the weather of yore back!!!

Watching the garden and crops grow in this area when things aren’t too wet always amazes me at the productivity of a land that most of the year is frozen and harsh. What a funny place we farm.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                The right place to move would be the states where you are appreciated as a farmer....and have a real voice and representation....
                And your land ownership is enshrined in the constitution which means no trespassing, no govt confiscation, no bogus land claims. But I think you would need to be an American citizen too somehow to get those benefits.

Comment

Watching the garden and crops grow in this area when things aren’t too wet always amazes me at the productivity of a land that most of the year is frozen and harsh. What a funny place we farm.[/QUOTE]

What a year for growth! Despite the lack-luster start, what did grow, grew into a lush mass. Thank You CO2 , rain and sunshine. 🌞🌧✈️ Weeds were no exception.

Comment

If Justin and his people kind get in again! You won’t sell any commodities from Canada !

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                      If Justin and his people kind get in again! You won’t sell any commodities from Canada !
                      Nope ,,,but Justin will be eyeing up the capital gains on farms ...because that will be a trend...many will be saying fu ck it...

Market prices set in the states...where prices are impacted downward by the MFP ....

If the lower crop production in the states comes true.....prices move up and its a big win for Trump...

Meanwhile in Canada ... the government will twiddle their thumbs or sit on them....which ever is more comfortable after they pull their heads out of their arses....

Comment

2.25 ounces AU/acre takes the company lock, stock, barrel, with one 80 acre exception kept for me & mine. Not sure if the neighbour BTO’s or the Hutts will read and identify or not. I’ll wait and see.

Comment

If Trudeau gets in we thinking selling half section for a million right quickly but what to do with the money. Stock market very crooked.

Comment

If we didn’t have children we sell everything and live in trump land for as long as we could and come back here in summer on a average.

Comment

Move to a third world country with a beach live like a king!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...