• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would It Take to Pull the Trigger and Move?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a little demographic gem for everyone. US will add another 150M people to its population. That means all its ag production will go to domestic markets. They could care less of china needs soybeans ot not.

Now Canada will go to about 50M people unless Trudeau opens the flood gates. That means we will be looking for export markets forever from hostile power like china and competing with places like Russia and Kazakistan. Canadian ag will never be in the drivers seat ever. That Edgeley guy made a good choice moving some production stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      here is a little demographic gem for everyone. US will add another 150M people to its population. That means all its ag production will go to domestic markets. They could care less of china needs soybeans ot not.

Now Canada will go to about 50M people unless Trudeau opens the flood gates. That means we will be looking for export markets forever from hostile power like china and competing with places like Russia and Kazakistan. Canadian ag will never be in the drivers seat ever. That Edgeley guy made a good choice moving some production stateside.
      peopleking might be leaving canukada faster than arriving.

Comment

Trudeau re-elected

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Market prices set in the states...where prices are impacted downward by the MFP ....
          If the lower crop production in the states comes true.....prices move up and its a big win for Trump...
          Larry Kudlow and Trump are both in favour of a MFP 3.0 and will keep going as long as the trade war is on.

Buckle your seatbelt.

Comment

Now that the UN has said to quit eating meat and Trudeau will make it his new priority linked with the climate emergency they have declared ...maybe it is time to pack it in and sit on my ass...

like the immigrant group is getting for coming here and the other couple groups that are taken care of ...one by blackmailing the rest of Canada and the other that has been hard done by.....

There is zero incentive to encourage my kids to farm....

Comment

Now that the UN has said to quit eating meat and Trudeau will make it his new priority linked with the climate emergency they have declared ...maybe it is time to pack it in and sit on my ass...

like the immigrant group is getting for coming here and the other couple groups that are taken care of ...one by blackmailing the rest of Canada and the other that has been hard done by.....

There is zero incentive to encourage my kids to farm....
              Incentive ? Fudge , its child abuse for gosh darn sakes

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Incentive ? Fudge , its child abuse for gosh darn sakes
                The problem in Canada is that most Canadians don't understand the ability of a country to feed itself ....a country that doesn't support agriculture is doomed....AND....there are plenty of examples....

Comment

The problem in Canada is that most Canadians don't understand the ability of a country to feed itself ....a country that doesn't support agriculture is doomed....AND....there are plenty of examples....
                  Never in history have so many depended on so few to produce their food.

Dependence can be hazardous to their survival.

Just once I would like a bit of a food crisis in the developed world. Too many years have passed and some generations don't understand hunger as a result of UNAVAILABLE food. I am not talking about the hunger from socio-economic problems that may exist in some families because of poor choices or lack of affluence.....I'm talking everyone!

Some people even get to enjoy a better lifestyle because of cheaper food.

What happened at the Colonsay Potash mine recently? Shut down, don't keep producing at poor or negative margins.
                  How many farms are in a position to choke or stop production? Some are on the economic treadmill of farming....what will make the land payments, the rent payments, a living wage, machinery payments, etc. Easy to blab about slowing down production...but...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Never in history have so many depended on so few to produce their food.

Dependence can be hazardous to their survival.

Just once I would like a bit of a food crisis in the developed world. Too many years have passed and some generations don't understand hunger as a result of UNAVAILABLE food. I am not talking about the hunger from socio-economic problems that may exist in some families because of poor choices or lack of affluence.....I'm talking everyone!

Some people even get to enjoy a better lifestyle because of cheaper food.

What happened at the Colonsay Potash mine recently? Shut down, don't keep producing at poor or negative margins.
                    How many farms are in a position to choke or stop production? Some are on the economic treadmill of farming....what will make the land payments, the rent payments, a living wage, machinery payments, etc. Easy to blab about slowing down production...but...
                    But....the Colonsay mine only represents one potash farm out of what 8 potash farms in the province and not only do they all have a collusionary pact....they also talk to their counterparts in the Ukraine.....

Haven't seen potash prices drop too much yet....

Comment

But....the Colonsay mine only represents one potash farm out of what 8 potash farms in the province and not only do they all have a collusionary pact....they also talk to their counterparts in the Ukraine.....

Haven't seen potash prices drop too much yet....
                      A cartel to control supply? You don't say. Maybe each potash company takes a turn at idling a mine to lower supply for the benefit of all? I don't closely follow the shutdowns to see who is doing what.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...