• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun fact of the day ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
    Plus the daily reports of stored bushels going up in smoke. The stockpile is getting lower everyday.
    Hear the same, canola bins HOT. Too high moisture in 2018 crop, DO NOT forget to check temps!
    Elevators seeing heated seeds...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      ....none here. Sold for bin space, not because I "HAD"to. I'm not buying more bins for canola that may not rally hard in 2020.

But I did blow marketing the 2018 canola crop, ...my bad.
      Most of us did

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        I have seen $.50 / bus

They have September contracts that will not get in . Those trains are ordered . A lot of Canola will not be swather for at least 10 days . It takes 12-14 days to cure on average.... math says most likely October
        That’s if the weather is decent
        There is a lot of canola that has been swathed around here for 10 days plus already. Haven't seen any combined yet but might be close.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          There is a lot of canola that has been swathed around here for 10 days plus already. Haven't seen any combined yet but might be close.
          Yup , that represents about 10% of the canola crop .
          A huge percentage still green

Comment

There are also canola fields with 2 crops in one some needing 2 weeks and within that some of it needing a month yet. Shelling and frost will be a growing worry.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
              Plus the daily reports of stored bushels going up in smoke. The stockpile is getting lower everyday.
              There was an above average green count in last years canola, this didn’t help the storage situation.

Comment

Quite a bit of canola sprayed and swathed on the road to Winnipeg. Some thrashed around Portage and Winnipeg. Heard yields aren’t shit hot.

Comment

I know it’s a pain in the ass to the check those stormax cables every few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
                    I know it’s a pain in the ass to the check those stormax cables every few weeks.
                    Yup for 20% of the on farm storage actually out there . It’s gaining every year though. We still behind the progressive guys though , old hand probes here if needed .

Comment

Most traders operate back to back trades rather than spec buying crushers may operate difeently

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...